Broker Accounts

I am a newbie to MetaTrader and Automated Trading but an oldie to Forex trading. When I install MetaTrader4 I am offered a demo account with a company called United World Capital. Can someone tell me who they are and whether they are the only company I can have my acount with? Or maybe I am missing something as far as this is concerned. Thanks for your help. David

The man is experiencing the same problem I had with demos, we know that there are other servers to use but MetaTrader 4 cannot see them to open demo accounts.

Clicking scan just leaves you with the United World Capital demo account only.

I want to try a specific brokers demo account for a week on its own, before I open a live account. I have emailed the one I am looking at and I will post if they can suggest anything

Onyx:

The man is experiencing the same problem I had with demos, we know that there are other servers to use but MetaTrader 4 cannot see them to open demo accounts.

Clicking scan just leaves you with the United World Capital demo account only.

I want to try a specific brokers demo account for a week on its own, before I open a live account. I have emailed the one I am looking at and I will post if they can suggest anything

download client from your preferred broker. That's all. Broker server is included in broker client.

damtoul:

download client from your preferred broker. That's all. Broker server is included in broker client.

Thank you, I have tested two different demo accounts on two different machines (in different locations) but I had not realized that the servers on the server list were limited to a specific broker, it raises the question, why have a server list in the first place? Certainly the scan button seems overkill to the requirements of the program.

Anyway thank you for clarifying the point for me.

Onyx

> servers on the server list were limited to a specific broker

Well sort of - if you look at this article

You see that the limit is controlled by the .srv files in the MT \config\ folder

You can copy .srv files from other installations, restart MT and see them in the available list

I'm not sure what the potential of the Scan button is...

FWIW

-BB-

I have been using the metaquotes feed so far and the news that they are going to shut it down made me hunt for a reliable broker/feed. In order to get to the different brokers, one option is to download and install the platform from each site but the downside is you don't want to clutter your PC with so many different installations. The server details are coming from the .srv files so all you need is the .srv file of a specific broker to connect.

Go to forexfactory and search for the srv files. You can get a zip file with 40+ .srv files. Unzip to your MT4\config folder and you are good to go.

3129816 wrote >>
I am a newbie to MetaTrader and Automated Trading but an oldie to Forex trading. When I install MetaTrader4 I am offered a demo account with a company called United World Capital. Can someone tell me who they are and whether they are the only company I can have my acount with? Or maybe I am missing something as far as this is concerned. Thanks for your help. David

hi there, united world capital are a broker like several others. you can use any broker that supports MT4. i use FxPro as they have really low spread and are very helpful. you can open an account with $100: https://www.fxpro.com/registration/gbr200711/ if you want to take a look

Reason: