The "demo.metaquotes.net' Server Will Be Stopped

On the 5th of April 2009 the "demo.metaquotes.net" server will be stopped. However, the History Center with the minute history will continue to operate.

From this day on our company will discontinue using the demonstration server. Currently, the number of companies working with the MetaTrader 4 platform is so large that we do not see any reason in maintaining our own server.

Therefore we urge that all companies using our demo server as the feeder of quotes switch to another MetaTrader 4 server. For your reference, generally our server has been translating quotes from the demo server of Alpari.

Rosh wrote >>

On the 5th of April 2009 the "demo.metaquotes.net" server will be stopped. However, the History Center with the minute history will continue to operate.

From this day on our company will discontinue using the demonstration server. Currently, the number of companies working with the MetaTrader 4 platform is so large that we do not see any reason in maintaining our own server.

Therefore we urge that all companies using our demo server as the feeder of quotes switch to another MetaTrader 4 server. For your reference, generally our server has been translating quotes from the demo server of Alpari.

What server will be used for the next automated trading championship?

Rosh wrote >>

Rosh:

Hello,

what's about software developers. How to test their software ?

thank you for answer

i can't understand. do you mean nobody can do backtest anymore? why?

The "demo.metaquotes.net" server has been stopped.

The History Center with the minute history will continue to operate.

You can download deep historical rates from MetaTrader 4.

Rosh:

You can download deep historical rates from MetaTrader 4.

Hi Rosh,

I understand we can still download the historical data, but if we can no longer have an account on the metaquotes demo server, then will we have to overwrite someone else's history with the downloaded data?

The downloaded data overwrites whatever data is in the current logged in account, right? Usually I switch to my metaquotes demo account, then do the download to make sure it doesn't hurt any of my other account data. Will this no longer be possible?

Bruce

Reason: