99% Modeling Quality

Can anybody direct me to a PDF file or an article about how to Import reliable data, into mt4 platform, so I can achieve 99% modeling quality ?? This would be data that I would purchase from

a company like CQG or Comstock, it might be 1 year or 3-5 yrs worth. I find this to be one very big weakness of the meta trader platform, the way that data is imported from meta quotes

servers, and getting 90% modeling quality is not accurate enough. I hope they improve there mt5 for back testing, because as it is right now, it doesnt even come close to the back

testing of Ninja trader or Trade Station software.

berichsomeday wrote >>

Can anybody direct me to a PDF file or an article about how to Import reliable data, into mt4 platform, so I can achieve 99% modeling quality ?? This would be data that I would purchase from

a company like CQG or Comstock, it might be 1 year or 3-5 yrs worth. I find this to be one very big weakness of the meta trader platform, the way that data is imported from meta quotes

servers, and getting 90% modeling quality is not accurate enough. I hope they improve there mt5 for back testing, because as it is right now, it doesnt even come close to the back

testing of Ninja trader or Trade Station software.

Hi,

in order not to address particular brokers here, I just tell you to google with keywords: forex data bank

On my computer, the corresponding link is the first one, just after the sponsored sites.

When I make testing I select 1minute every tick. On these conditions modeling quality will be 1/4=25%, which corresponds to 4 points (O C H L) per 1minute period.

abstract_mind wrote >>

Hi,

in order not to address particular brokers here, I just tell you to google with keywords: forex data bank

On my computer, the corresponding link is the first one, just after the sponsored sites.

When I make testing I select 1minute every tick. On these conditions modeling quality will be 1/4=25%, which corresponds to 4 points (O C H L) per 1minute period.

ok

so 1 point would be 1/1 = 100%

tell me, how does that make sense ?

berichsomeday -> I'm not sure you completely understand what you are asking for. And, to be fair, its due to the terminology*. 99% modeling quality does not actually involve any modeling at all. The only way to achieve 99% "modeling" quality is to capture and import real live tick data.

abstract_mind -> BillBrian is right to notice that the reason that 25% is the best you can get for M1 data has nothing to do with having 4 bars. It is because 25% is the arbitrary weighting applied to data which can not have any further modeling applied to it by means of having any data from a smaller time period.

* To explain my comment about terminology, "modeling" is actually the invention of tick data to fill the gaps between real known tick data - a process known as fractal interpolation. I'd contend that the words "modeling" and "quality" make poor partners.

CB

Reason: