Simoultaneous EA trading from two different location

Hello everyone, I would be very pleased if anyone could explain me wether I can place one EA on the same account from different locations, howere EA should trade as there is trading only one robot thus not opening two positions when there is an order and only opening one etc. etc. Idea behind this is that there is very unstable connection in the region where primary account manager will be located and connection may sometimes breakup though not for long time but this might have significant impact, thus in the case if connection will breakup there I want to make sure that robot is still trading, though without monitoring of manager. Is this possible? And if yes, how?

giogio15 wrote >>
Hello everyone, I would be very pleased if anyone could explain me wether I can place one EA on the same account from different locations, howere EA should trade as there is trading only one robot thus not opening two positions when there is an order and only opening one etc. etc. Idea behind this is that there is very unstable connection in the region where primary account manager will be located and connection may sometimes breakup though not for long time but this might have significant impact, thus in the case if connection will breakup there I want to make sure that robot is still trading, though without monitoring of manager. Is this possible? And if yes, how?

I also wanted to run the same EA on two different IP's. I would like to know how. Of course, one can generate unique magic numbers for each trade (for example, tie these numbers to the time) and add a check before opening a position to see if a position with a specific magic number has been already opened. But, what if the orders from both twin EA's are received simultaneously?

Hello giogio15, 

It is possible if, for exemple, in your EA you are testing that the last opened order was not opened let's say within the last minute coupled with the fact that you want only one order maximum opened in the same currency. Your EA is checking the information on your account so if EA1 opens an order, EA2 will see this order and react accordinly. 

I think the problem you have will be partly resolved but only partly, it will be better to think you may have connection failures sometimes and protect your capital from that by StopLoss for exemple. Imagine your broker is not responding for a while, or is too busy to execute your commands... With StopLoss you then may loose the gain you might have done during the failure time and the pips of protection established by your StopLoss but only that. 

If you know about the connection lost you also have the oportunity to use a cellular phone (it is possible with MT4, see your broker) to follow and protect your gains. 

Hope it helps.  

Reason: