Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Download MQL5 library codes via MetaTrader. It is convenient!
David Saulnier
David Saulnier 2013.04.04 07:57 

Hello,

I made a simple MQL5 script. No problem to attach it to a chart, it runs properly.

But if I'm changing the Timeframe of the chart (for example from M1 to M5): the script is automatically removed from the chart.

Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2013.04.04 08:13  

Hi DavidS777,

If it is really script (not EA) so as far as I know - then script is executed once after attaching it to the chart, or based on some special condition. I mean: you will need to attach it every time you will need something from this script. 

David Saulnier
David Saulnier 2013.04.04 08:15  
All right, thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll convert it to an indicator to make it persistent (or EA) but only one EA is possible per chart ?
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2013.04.04 08:32  

Yes, only 1 EA per chart. But you can have many same charts with many same EAs on it - just change magic number of your EA to any "unique number per chart" - and attach your EA to many charts with different magic number.

And there are some Eas which are working for all (pre-selected) the pairs (or for whole the account) if you attach it to any one chart for example.

David Saulnier
David Saulnier 2013.04.04 09:05  
thanks a lot for your prompt answer.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.04.04 11:44  
DavidS777:

Hello,

I made a simple MQL5 script. No problem to attach it to a chart, it runs properly.

But if I'm changing the Timeframe of the chart (for example from M1 to M5): the script is automatically removed from the chart.

Any help appreciated,
Thanks
You can't make a script "persistent" when changing timeframe. Depending on what you want to do, you can use EA or indicator. See documentation about different types of program.
/
To add comments, please log in or register