Fibonacci Retracements and Expansions

Hi All

I'm looking for a copy of the code behind both the Fibonacci retracement and expansion tools on MT4. Can anyone supply me with it or post up a link to where I can get it?

Thanks in advance.

Good Trading

Regards

-Llamedos

Do a google search on "Fibonacci retracement calculate" or "Fibonacci retracement formula". It should come up with something to show you how to calculate it. That's how I did it.

Hi jmca - thanks for the reply. Sorry, but is seem to have not made my post very clear and so have confused you as to what I'm looking for. I know how to do the fib retracement and expansion calculations. I have long been a DiNapoli and Hughs devotee! What I was looking for is the code behind the retracement and expansion indicators that are already included in MT4 as I want to try and change them a bit and, as I'm not too familiar with writing code, I was looking for something that would give me a head start. Basically, what I want to do is to have the ability to specify the colour of each individual line on both of the studies so, when a 38.2 line and a 61.8 line (drawn from different start points) are close together, the confluence can be seen more easily. At the moment, as the lines are all the same it takes so searching when you have several Fib studies and a couple of extensions on the same chart. I know I can change the colour of all of the lines after I've plotted the indicator but it really would make the chart a whole lot clearer to be able to set the lines to each desired colour and then just leave them to plot in the same way every time. I'm almost certain it can be done as (I think?) all it would require is for a colour specifier to be added to each line under the 'Fibo Levels' tab rather than on a global basis like it is at the moment. I hope this makes it more clear as to what I'm after. Sorry again for the confusion before. Regards -Llamedos

What is the exact name of the indicator, you might be able to find the source code somewhere? If you're referring to the fib and retracement graphic line on the insert menu, you can't change that.

jmca - Yes those are what I wanted to change. I did wonder if, because they were 'hard wired' into MT4 whether I'd be able to - Shame! Do you know if there is a suggestion box where uses of MT4 can post suggestions for this kind of update? After all, this kind of change can't be too difficult - can it? It's just adding the ability to change each individual line's colour. And I'm sure a lot of Fib fans would love it too. BTW - I appreciate your help on this. Thank you. Regards -Llamedos

Llamedos :

Hi All

I'm looking for a copy of the code behind both the Fibonacci retracement and expansion tools on MT4. Can anyone supply me with it or post up a link to where I can get it?

Thanks in advance.

Good Trading

Regards

-Llamedos

See the following link, an example of code, and ability to change colours

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10802

LenForex

LenForex :

See the following link, an example of code, and ability to change colours

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10802

LenForex

This topic is more than 4 years old, I hope the topic starter found his code since that time

I have attached my code below for anyone still interested in how to do this

Files:

Also, here's the code for retracements

Reason: