are you satisfied with the features and possibilities MT5 is offering and with MT5/MetaQuotes generally? (multiple answers allowed)

• 15% (24)
  • 10% (16)
  • 4% (7)
  • 6% (10)
  • 3% (5)
  • 6% (10)
  • 4% (7)
  • 3% (5)
  • 3% (5)
  • 5% (8)
  • 6% (10)
  • 3% (5)
  • 3% (5)
  • 2% (4)
  • 3% (5)
  • 2% (3)
  • 4% (7)
  • 3% (5)
  • 7% (11)
  • 6% (10)
Total voters: 49

Dear MQ and colleagues,

this poll is inspired by angevoyageur initiative To have the ability to import your own data in MT5 is it important for you ?

Please read the answers carefully, and please fill out ONLY the areas YOU HAVE TESTED AND TRIED OUT.

Answers are suggested in good faith according to my experience with MT5 so far.

I agree that the MQ should be more user oriented, and this is a call to MQ for more orientation and adaptiveness towards users demands.

I believe that this should give some quality feedback for us all. 

But without mine feedback: unfortunately, i just found out that i cannot vote in my own poll.

this poll is long like a novel

OK, the poll is probably too long, so it fell out quickly out of top interest with only 22 voters.

Out of response, i can conclude:

1) Only 40% of users, who took time to try out MT5, decided to migrate to it. Although MT5 gives more power than MT4, it introduced some blocking issues, which prevent at least 10% of using it at all.

2) MetaQuotes are too rigid and not adaptable regarding users requests, finds 40% of users

3) The main reasons for unsatisfaction are:
a) strategy tester issues: no user control over the  history & lack of subminute data
b) badly designed new order/deal/position system

22 votes is too small to draw conclusions, perhaps you can try to reduce your questionnaire and ask if someone wants to translate it into Russian for post on the forum.

it is small, but if there are no manipulations, the true numbers show up surprisingly early due to normal distribution in statistic, so even if i managed to get 70 voters which seems to be the maximum in this forum, the numbers wouldn't change more than 10%.

it would really be interesting to see the results on russian side, as it seems (to me) that russian part of forum has higher technical competence than this one (i am reading the russian part of forum also). and probably also due to cultural difference. so if there is a russian speaking person who can help, what are we waiting for? :)

It is not a problem with translation. The problem is the following: russian speaking mql5 members speak about those questions (poll) for the long time by some threads with admins and with the staff of MQ participating on some threads. So ... yes, I agree about cultural differences (which we understand as some kind of freedom inside every person) ... but if this poll will be translated so they will ask: "why are you making this poll? we are discussing on russian mql5 it for the long time by many threads receiving replied from MQ for example". :)

newdigital:
It is not a problem with translation. The problem is the following: russian speaking mql5 members speak about those questions (poll) for the long time by some threads with admins and with the staff of MQ participating on some threads. So ... yes, I agree about cultural differences (which we understand as some kind of freedom inside every person) ... but if this poll will be translated so they will ask: "why are you making this poll? we are discussing on russian mql5 it for the long time by many threads receiving replied from MQ for example". :)
I started to follow the Russian forum also, with the help of google translate.
Is that the issues raised in this poll have already been answered by MQ on the Russian forum? MQ is it more involved in discussions here?
Because I find it a pity that so little response from MQ on very fundamental issues.
If you think many of the answers have already been given the Russian side, I'm ready to do the necessary research to find them.

I would appreciate if statistic (Rapport) would have more functionality. I do use , but it has a lot of bugs and does not display correctly. For example number of pips in combined trades, if trade A has 40 pips and trade B has 110 pips and both trades opened with 1 lot, then  will raport 1 trade of 2 lots and 40 pips. So a lot more could be done in regarding the Rapport!

angevoyageur:
I started to follow the Russian forum also, with the help of google translate.
Is that the issues raised in this poll have already been answered by MQ on the Russian forum? MQ is it more involved in discussions here?
Because I find it a pity that so little response from MQ on very fundamental issues.
If you think many of the answers have already been given the Russian side, I'm ready to do the necessary research to find them.

Yes. Why? Because russian speaking members are talking a lot :) 10 pages for one thread ... 15 pages for one thread ... and finally - MQ came and replied to participate on the discussion for few next pages ... 

An this our poll created on the way of "competition" between MT4/MT5 so ... because many new people came to the forum and they did not see MT4 and MT5 (they saw nothing) ... members who are using MT4 - they will continue using. But new members (who knew noting about MT4/MT5) - thery need good start and good advice. 

newdigital:

Yes. Why? Because russian speaking members are talking a lot :) 10 pages for one thread ... 15 pages for one thread ... and finally - MQ came and replied to participate on the discussion for few next pages ... 

An this our poll created on the way of "competition" between MT4/MT5 so ... because many new people came to the forum and they did not see MT4 and MT5 (they saw nothing) ... members who are using MT4 - they will continue using. But new members (who knew noting about MT4/MT5) - thery need good start and good advice. 

So can you confirm that it's worth to invest time in reading russian forum (archives) ? To be sure not waste my time.
Reason: