EA buying and selling switches to opposite

hi

I'm back testing a moving average Cross over and for three quarters of the backtest its really profitable but then in the last quarter it suddenly sells when it should buy and vice versa.

How can it do this ?

andyduvall:
hi

I'm back testing a moving average Cross over and for three quarters of the backtest its really profitable but then in the last quarter it suddenly sells when it should buy and vice versa.

How can it do this ?
Probably, because it does not read well how the market evolve. Is it your EA or one you found on this site ?

hi
I made it with fxdreema.
im starting to think that there might be data (price info) missing during the last part of the backtesting period (last year) as it does speed through this period very fast. This is where it buys and sells at the wrong times.

andyduvall:
hi
I made it with fxdreema.
im starting to think that there might be data (price info) missing during the last part of the backtesting period (last year) as it does speed through this period very fast. This is where it buys and sells at the wrong times.
You have to analyse your code, maybe use of visual mode backtesting would help. You can also try with another broker to see if you obtain similar results.
Reason: