List of working EAs

Is there any way to find out if a certain EA is already loaded on a platform? For example if I want to run EA "ABC.mh4" only on one chart. how can i make sure that it is not already loaded on some other chart with in the platform? Any idea or feedback ?? Thanks..

Here is an approach:

// representation of an instrument as a double value

// because global variables only allow double values

double encript(string symbol)
{
double value=0;
for(int i=0;i<StringLen(symbol);i++)
value += i*StringGetChar(symbol,i);
return(value);
}

int start()

{

double code = encript(Symbol());

double installed_ea = GlobalVariableGet("installed_ea");

// suppose you only want to trade eurusd

if(installed_ea==0) // not running over any other currency

if(Symbol()=="EURUSD") // it can be EURUSDm

{

//ea not running in any currency yet

//register as eurusd being managed by the expert

GlobalVariableSet("installed_ea",code) ;

}

// now test whether it is already running elsewhere

if(installed_ea!=0 && installed_ea!=code)

{

//"Expert is active at another currency; going away

return(0);

}

go_trading();

}

Thanks Abstract mind,

I think it will serve the purpose to some extent. Currently I have a similar approach i.e. initialize the global in init function and before that check if that global is already defined or not. What i want to do after that is to terminate the EA so that it does not call the start function again. Do you know if there is any way to programically remove EA if a certain condition is met?

Thanks,

kar:
Is there any way to find out if a certain EA is already loaded on a platform? For example if I want to run EA "ABC.mh4" only on one chart. how can i make sure that it is not already loaded on some other chart with in the platform? Any idea or feedback ?? Thanks..

i sell a robot that i programed. it works perfectly well only when u follow my instructions. +2348036860370

Reason: