MT5 Suggestion box?

Is there a suggestion box for the next release anywhere?

The use of the 2D surface in the Strategy Tester Optimization Graph is a neat tool for assisting to identify better settings for an EA, but all the results are shades of green regardless of their result compared to the original balance. Yes, we can skip useless results, but knowing what is definitely NOT profitable and its proximity to profitable settings is also important.

My suggestion: profitable trades could be shaded green with the intensity commensurate with the profit; losing trades could be in shades of red (or another colour).

It's just an idea....

ciao

WITH 60 PAGES... link to https://forum.mql4.com/ru/8536

very good reading too. above link is via google translation but u can see non translated url as text...

fbj,

Thanks for the links, however, these threads are dealing with MQL5 not the new release of the MetaTrader platform MT5. The posts on page 3 of the Stanislav Starikov interview thread complain about not making the difference; MQL5 is the new programming language (or extensive modification of the MQL4 instruction set) whereas MT5 will be the product for which my suggestion is aimed.

I could find plenty of MQL5 threads with people making all sorts of suggestions, but a thread (in the english search) for the future platform product??

... but thanks for taking the time to respond.

ok, but fwiw - making suggestions or 'wants' at this late date is never gonna even make ripple in the pond.

when MQL5 thread first hit the street, it was clear that developers were set in wat gonna do. as thread matured, became more evident. anyway, never get any real feedback asto wat going on... :(

u right of course... ;)

i do understand the difference but for me, i stick with MQL4 [+ MT4] until no longer supported. maybe MT4 gotta be ditched but believe MQL4 supported on MT5.

I wonder IF MQL4 gets morphed into m/c code like '5' does or maybe stays interpreted...?

for me, although some sort of flavor oops system gonna be available [and for sure, even the new syntax looks to make life easier], i want trade not play around with 'new' to the trenches language + platform (+ how many fixes and creepy crawlies in the whole thing ;) - let all the 'eager beavers' get feet wet - lol

waaaaaay too much time invested to cut and run now. IF not able make it with '4' THEN never gonna make it with the next latest flavor... imho

but of course... u enjoy the ride when able get ticket - just remember "fasten the seatbelt" :)

Best

Reason: