Ticks & TimeFrame

Ticks & TimeFrame.

Hello, I read the interview with Yuri Gorez and they talk about the differences in attaching the EA to one or the other TimeFrame.

As I understood it, the higher the TimeFrame is, the less ticks you have so the EA is running not so often? I haven't noticed that. Is it really so?

I usually attached my EA to a TimeFrame and then switch to other time Frames depending on the situation I want to follow. Does it changed something for the EA to look to other TimeFrames?

I have search the books but found no answers, is there something that must be read on the topic ?

Receiveing a tick is unrelated to chart timeframe.

Jacques366:

Hello,

I read the interview with Yuri Gorez and they talk about the differences in attaching the EA to one or the other TimeFrame.

As I understood it, the higher the TimeFrame is, the less ticks you have so the EA is running not so often? I haven't noticed that. Is it really so ?

I usually attached my EA to a TimeFrame and then switch to other time Frames depending on the situation I want to follow. Does it changed something for the EA to look to other TimeFrames?

I have search the books but found no answers, is there something that must be read on the topic ?

I also read the interview, and it seemed strange to me what Gorez said about this issue. I carefully observed the ticks that activate my EAs, and the corresponding variations of Ask, Bid in "Market Watch window" and the charts in each timeframe. To test this, for each incoming tick, the sentence "incoming tick" was written by the EA in the terminal Logs. My conclusion is that I saw no problems with the chosen timeframe in terms of incoming ticks.

Reason: