Windows "Screen Saver?" and Metatrader terminal

Hello everybody,

I’m performing forward testing to several EAs in a computer running Vista . It appears that when the windows' screen saver is activated, MetaTrader Terminal becomes less reactive to incoming ticks.

I’ve noticed this symptom for several times, because whenever I approach the computer and move the mouse (which as you now stops the screen saver), my EAs place several new orders at exactly the same second. These orders, according to my EAs’ strategies should have been placed before. For some reason, they are unable to be sent to market. This is very important because this strange behavior compromises the reliability of forward testing. This is even more serious in a live account, orders might be opened later (or not open at all), compromising your trading strategy and profit making.

Has someone also detected this behavior? Can this be related to windows configuration of screen saver or other system’s component? Any other reason?

Thanks.

Joao

Turn off the screen saver

phy:
Turn off the screen saver

Yes, I did it immediatly. Now I use a SSLC "screen saver" (Shut off Screen when Leaving Computer) :-), at least while I don't understand why this behavior happens.

Neverthless, this is a serious problem, because this seems to affect EAs' operation. So, it is important to figure out what is really happening. I already talked with my broker by chat, but as they never heard about this apparently problem, couldn't provide an explanation. They however recommended that I should use one EA per platform.

Thanks Phy.

Joao.

fwiw - screen savers vary a lot and so use less or more cpu cycles according to complexity - is not it natural that MT would be impacted?

if really want some sort of saver, could use blank screen - doubt that steals any cpu cycles :)

Best