Indicators: HI LO Indicator

HI LO Indicator:

This is HILO Indicator. Usage of this indicator should be obvious.

Author: charly king her

HI LO Indicator

do you know if there is around any simple EA that works with hilo indicator?

Rosiman:
do you know if there is around any simple EA that works with hilo indicator?

I do not know sorry.

Manual traders are using this indicator for stop loss moved by trailing stop. I mean - I do not think that this stand-alone indicator may be profitable for at least 3 months in case of EA. But as some trailing stop tool - yes, this may be great. There are some terms: ATR trailing stop in EA, parabolic trailing stop, and Gann HiLo trailing stop ...

I mean - this indicator will work great as some part of the EA.

newdigital:

I do not know sorry.

Manual traders are using this indicator for stop loss moved by trailing stop. I mean - I do not think that this stand-alone indicator may be profitable for at least 3 months in case of EA. But as some trailing stop tool - yes, this may be great. There are some terms: ATR trailing stop in EA, parabolic trailing stop, and Gann HiLo trailing stop ...

I mean - this indicator will work great as some part of the EA.

I was interested because I use adaptive moving average as the only indicator and I have created simple EA from wizard with really interesting results with money management. xxxxx. Now because on chart hilo  to my eyes seem to be similar  maybe results can be even more profitable.

But I am only able to create EA from wizard. I should learn to insert hilo indicator inside wizard to create one. 

No, it is not a similar. Because this indicator may be some part of good trading system as trailing stop feature for example.

======

Example - you have some indicator (MA crossing, MA indicator/price crossing, Brainwashing dot/arrow, Asctrend dot/arrow etc). I mean - you have your own entry condition where to enter to the market.

• experienced traders are not using take profit as a main/significant part of the system. They are using so called "let the profit run" - means - stop loss is moved by trailing stop
  • newbies are using take profit as a main part of the system ... and they forget to place stop loss in some case ...

That is why, as the people say - 90% of newbies are losing their first deposit :)

So, this indicator may be very good addition for your/my/any trading system. But to say a true - the traders are using this indicator as a trailing stop ...

newdigital:

No, it is not a similar. Because this indicator may be some part of good trading system as trailing stop feature for example.

======

Example - you have some indicator (MA crossing, MA indicator/price crossing, Brainwashing dot/arrow, Asctrend dot/arrow etc). I mean - you have your own entry condition where to enter to the market.

• experienced traders are not using take profit as a main/significant part of the system. They are using so called "let the profit run" - means - stop loss is moved by trailing stop
  • newbies are using take profit as a main part of the system ... and they forget to place stop loss in some case ...

That is why, as the people say - 90% of newbies are losing their first deposit :)

So, this indicator may be very good addition for your/my/any trading system. But to say a true - the traders are using this indicator as a trailing stop ...

I understand all. It took me 10 months to generate my trading system and 1.000 euros lost. It works on 12 symbols with 12 different EA and it started working from 40 days only. Most of EA use adaptive moving average. only one with MACD and 2 with fractal exponential. I use trailing on metals and because my system follows primary trend it works on minimum 4h time frame through daily chart. the system works with "stop & reverse" so very often stop loss or take profit are activated. My question was that because I use only time frame between 4h and daily maybe hilo can give similar profitable results of adaptive moving average. My EA are profitable with only an average of 30% winning trades. It means let the profit run and cut losses. I don't want to change my new trading system but I was curios to test a hilo EA with my parameters.  

I have another question Sergey, now considering your experience if hilo is used as a trailing stop indicator to set the best value isn't necessary a backtest of an EA that includes the indicator? My little experience in backtest learned me that what seems good on chart from eayes is much different from real results. Isn't it?

Rosiman:
I have another question Sergey, now considering your experience if hilo is used as a trailing stop indicator to set the best value isn't necessary a backtest of an EA that includes the indicator? My little experience in backtest learned me that what seems good on chart from eayes is much different from real results. Isn't it?

Yes, it may be different between "good looking chart" and "good one in backtest" (just my experience ... if I am wrong so sorry).

You know ...

1. when I am trying to make some trading system - I am trading it manually on demo. Just "to feel" this possible system, to defined the rules, and so on ... and to understand - do i like it (my  possible trading system) or not. So, in the end of the week or month of manual trading - I've already knew the settings of every indicator and what/howto and so on. So, I do not need to optimize or to backtest in this case.

2. if I do not have time ... or if I feel that "I see everything on the chart" :) so I can optimize EA with cloud and backtest/forward test it as a next. But I do not like backtesting and optimization ... because it is something as "my EA was profitable in january 2010, losing in March 2011 and winning in summar 2012" :)

I am optimizing/backtesting

• just to check the settings of the EA
  • and to see - how it works

thank you Sergey. Yes thats the reason why I won't publish new EA because every month I will check them and parameters may change. So once my trading system will work also should work my selling signals.

Anyway I am working on hilo EA already because I am curios. 

thank you again 

Seems there is possibly a problem with this indicator, didn't check, maybe later.
Reason: