Why does the ability to run EAs on demo accounts stop after some time?

Hi,

on every single platform I've tried, after about a month I can't forward test my EAs on demo accounts anymore. It doesn't help if I create a new account, re-reinstall the platform or anything else. Not even on real account platforms, where I can create an additional demo account, the EA feature stops to work after a while (while it of course continues to work for my real accounts).

Do anyone know the root for this problem, and how to solve it? It's kind of frustrating to download platforms from new brokers every two weeks I have to evaluate an EA. Perhas a representative from MetaQuotes can give a good answer?

Best Regards,

Johan

SysInv:

Hi,

on every single platform I've tried, after about a month I can't forward test my EAs on demo accounts anymore. It doesn't help if I create a new account, re-reinstall the platform or anything else. Not even on real account platforms, where I can create an additional demo account, the EA feature stops to work after a while (while it of course continues to work for my real accounts).

Do anyone know the root for this problem, and how to solve it? It's kind of frustrating to download platforms from new brokers every two weeks I have to evaluate an EA. Perhas a representative from MetaQuotes can give a good answer?

Best Regards,

Johan

Post your EA, there is nothing generic about EA's not working. Except, if you dont have them enabled to trade live, and you don't see the happy face on the chart.

Thank you for your answer c0d3,

but it's not the EA that's the problem. They work on live accounts, and on demo accounts (for some time). The problem is that the smiley does not appear, even with the right settings. Not even MetaTraders original EAs work.

Best Regards,

Johan

why not reinstall?

original dirs not lost.

if worried, zip up original install tree

or, install to another folder.

is reason, always is...

u have access another machine?

if so, use it - see wat happens

Best

I finally narrowed down the problem - for the EA to work o a demo account, it must be the account that was originaly opened with the same platform. Therefore, If I open another demo account on the platform and tries to run the EA from there, it won't work at all.

/Johan

See the Tools -- Options -- Expert Advisors tab

Perhaps some "Disable Experts" boxes are unnecessarily checked...

Thank you phy, your right, I've totally missed this part. Two boxes were checked, which disabled the EA's since the original account was changed.

Reason: