FXCM Live Account and EA

Hi,

I need your help. I have an EA which runs on several live and demo accounts (differents brokers) - The EA works smoothly except with the broker FXCM, no positions are opened and I don't have any error messages. I don't understand why - Did anybody have a similar problem once ?

Is it possible that the problem is because of the cotation of FXCM (5 decimals instead of 4) ?

Thanks for your help.

fftremblay wrote >>

Hi,

I need your help. I have an EA which runs on several live and demo accounts (differents brokers) - The EA works smoothly except with the broker FXCM, no positions are opened and I don't have any error messages. I don't understand why - Did anybody have a similar problem once ?

Is it possible that the problem is because of the cotation of FXCM (5 decimals instead of 4) ?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

That's the main reason. Try to multiply all TP and SL by 10. It may help, but it does not guarantee that all computing done by the EA will be correct.

Ask your EA provider to give you a specific release for 5 decimals. Or ask for help in this forum if you have source code of your EA.

Regards.

GdA.

fftremblay wrote >>

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

no.... now fxcm don"t provide of service .i you can send a email .

i have account ..i have the same problems ..

Paturuzu_Trader wrote >>

no.... now fxcm don"t provide of service .i you can send a email .

i have account ..i have the same problems ..

There are other issues also with FXCM MT4 -- first off, the fractional pips -- which is a biggie that demanded I make changes to my EA -- but also, loss of trade context -- look at the FXCM web site -- and, be certain you trap the tradecontextbusy() function -- according to the FXCM faq's, once a busy has been encountered, the MT4 platform needs to be "rebooted" in order to continue with live trading. I actually had to develop a tradecontextbusy routine that would kill the MT4 session (using windows "taskkill" function) and then starting it again...

Reason: