Food for thought and brainstorming - page 3

mp88:

hi, thanks for your reply

that is not what i meant and the scenario here.

the thing here is we are applying our ea on a historical data,which is fixed and known pattern and also its value. 40pips top and floor, if i buy at that point and lose means it touches the other direction of 40pips first.

so if at the same entry point we change our direction to sell,why the chart doesnt hit the t/p as it hits the s/l if i applied buy as in the previous test

backtesting? in this case - historical data is just some kind of "copy" from real data. EA does not know that we are using him on historical data. All data are real for him for example :) But for this guy (EA) - all data are not historical for example.

You dont get what i meant,and your comment is not useful and not related,i got a clearer picture of the problem from the comment by 2 previous comments, you should read them,thanks for trying to contribute anyways

I replied on this one:

we are applying our ea on a historical data,which is fixed and known pattern and also its value. 

mp88:
Let say i wana constuct an ea based on one single indicator and action taken when it crosses 50
Take profit and stop loss also at 40pips,any other pips may do my point is that they are constant,a constant roof and bottom level
Lets just set the buy or long tradein this case,backtest result 30% win.
Does that means if i set the trade in different direction at same point of entry will make the winning rate 70%?
doesnt seem so,backtest result is still 30%,
i dont see any other factors involved as the roof and bottom level are constant,so does the point of entry, based on the first back test, 30% reach 40pips in the other direction first,y the reversal of trade doesnt take the 70%?
please guide me if you know the answer,thank you

Nope. It really doesn't imply that way.

30% lose on Buy doesn't mean 70% win on Sell.
Like all previous comments, the factor is SPREAD. And put other factor is if you set TP & SL. Reversing it doesn't guarantee you'll get the opposite result.

If you don't believe, try backtesting it with historical data.
A 70% winning EA doesn't simply build as easy as this way.
Sorry dude.

Reason: