No demo servers available?

Hi,

I installed MT5, and the one demo server that shows up is unavailable/offline (there's a red "-" sign next to it). I thought it's temporary but it has been this way for more than a week. I disabled the firewall and antivirus but it still doesn't work. MT4, by the way, does work and shows at least one available demo server.

Has anyone else encounter this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Itay.

As I know - MT4 and MT5 are different servers.

itmaor:

Hi,

I installed MT5, and the one demo server that shows up is unavailable/offline (there's a red "-" sign next to it). I thought it's temporary but it has been this way for more than a week. I disabled the firewall and antivirus but it still doesn't work. MT4, by the way, does work and shows at least one available demo server.

Has anyone else encounter this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Itay.

Read this to add new server MT5 Data - scroll down a little bit over there and see the picture. 

phi.nuts:
Read this to add new server MT5 Data - scroll down a little bit over there and see the picture. 

Thank you so much. I didn't know I could search for demo servers by typing "Alpari", for example, or any other broker. I thought I had to type in the exact server address. I still don't understand why MetaQuotes server (the first item in the list that comes by default) is not available - if they changed servers I'd expect them to update the software to reflect this change..

Anyway, it works now and I'm happy. Well, sort of, because the thread you mentioned talks about serious issues with the reliability of the data. Now that I have data I can worry about these issues :)

Thanks again!

Reason: