Can this custom indicator ( iTrend.mq4 ) be programmed into an existing EA ...of so how would it be coded ??? - page 4

You have deleted the necessary { immediatley after start()

phy wrote >>
You have deleted the necessary { immediatley after start()

Ok thatworks but then I get this stupid message which I can not get rid of no matter what I do...

'}' - unbalanced parentheses C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader Demo\PTTrend_201].1.mq4 (117, 8)

"which I can not get rid of no matter what I do..."

When your code is written so the compiler can read it, it will go away.

If you have a ( you also need a ) after it, and in a logically appropriate place.

Same for { and }.

You may as well figure out how to do it because it is fundamental to coding.

phy wrote >>

"which I can not get rid of no matter what I do..."

When your code is written so the compiler can read it, it will go away.

If you have a ( you also need a ) after it, and in a logically appropriate place.

Same for { and }.

You may as well figure out how to do it because it is fundamental to coding.

OK then...but at least does it mean that the compiler recognizes the i-Trend function that we developed and includedin the EA

wizkid wrote

This question was not answered

\

ckmoied wrote >>

How does iTrend work. It shows some up/down histogram. What does that mean, and how do we identify trend with this indicator.

It is a TREnd linethat trends between a +10 and-10 range...and i want the new indicator to return a TRUE value (Booloean when the value of the trend line is between -7 and -7 on that trend line

wizkid wrote >>

This question was not answered

\

ckmoied wrote >>

How does iTrend work. It shows some up/down histogram. What does that mean, and how do we identify trend with this indicator.

It is a TREnd linethat trends between a +10 and-10 range...and i want the new indicator to return a TRUE value (Booloean when the value of the trend line is between +7 and -7 on that trend line

if (Opentrades==0)
{double MyTrend=iCustom(NULL,0,"i_Trend",0,0,0,40,18,25,300,0,0);
while (MyTrend < 7.0 && MyTrend > -7.0)

Is such a statement valid for the above question???

Reason: