need some help...

hi,
i just made an EA and i get one error:
'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\test.mq4 (116, 1)

if i type a paranthesis more i get the error:
'}' - unbalanced parentheses C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\test. mq4 (116, 1)

what is the meaning of this and how can i resolve it?

thanks in advance.

It looks like you placed the parentheses in wrong order:

... } ..... { .....

gigiyoffee wrote:
hi,
i just made an EA and i get one error:
'\end_of_program' - unbalanced left parenthesis C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\test.mq4 (116, 1)

if i type a paranthesis more i get the error:
'}' - unbalanced parentheses C:\Program Files\Interbank FX Trader 4\experts\test. mq4 (116, 1)

what is the meaning of this and how can i resolve it?

thanks in advance.
The first error occurs when you miss the closing brace '}' for a block of code. This can be a function body, a for loop, a while loop, an if statement that has more than one statment, etc. I always put my opening and closing braces on a separate line at a fixed indention so I can use the column number to make sure they are paired properly. Unfortunately, this error can occur anywhere but you will still get the same message.

One technique for find the error (besides simple counting) is to comment out large complete blocks of code. When you no longer receive the error, you have isolated the problem to the block of code you commented out (/* ... */). Then continue to isolate the code until you know which smaller block is causing the problem. Once you get there, your only real option that I know of is to count the braces. I use the term brace from the C world, apparently mt uses the term for both a braces '{}' and parenthesis '()'.

I hope this helps.
Reason: