Code to emulate 1 of GCI Tradings features

Hi there - i am wondering if anyone can help.

I am new to MT4 and totally fresh to programming (wouldn't know where to start).

I used to use GCI Trading and they have a great feature on the Chart Window.

When you enter into a position - the following happens on the Chart screen which makes it VERY easy to see what is happening:

A GREEN Triangle facing Upwards is placed on the Chart.

The base of the triangle sits on a Horizontal line which goes across the entire Chart.

This line starts off dotted and then, where you entered into your position (timewise) it becomes a solid line (hope that makes sense).

This represents your BUY position.

A GREEN Triangle facing Downwards represents your SELL position

A PINK Triangle represents an Entry Stop or Limit

A PEACH Triangle represents a Limit or a Stop on an open position

If you right click over ANY of these triangles - you get relevant options.

EG, Right click on an open position (GREEN TRIANGLE) and you can close position, place trailing stop, set limit, set stop, etc.

EG, Right click on an Entry Position (PINK TRIANGLE) and you can delete order, modify order, set trailing stop, limit and stop, etc

EG, Right click on a Limit or Stop on an open position (PEACH TRIANGLE) and you can modify your limit or stop, etc

The OTHER fantastic thing which it allows you to do is to set your limits and stops in Figure terms, eg, $500 Take Profit and $250 Limit.

Once you enter in amounts, then the correct Symbol price is automatically placed in the relevant boxes.

Would anyone know how to program this and be willing to share it?

Or would anyone be able to guide me on how i can go about programming this myself?

Thanks in advance.

Hello slimimi,

GCI has a Java based platform that makes it more colorful, however trading is more than that, at least for myself.

I do consider that spread is one of the main things to look for, reliability of server, execution time, etc.

MQL4 gives you also the opportunity to write your own EAs so you can make money (if you are succesful) while sleeping or shopping.

Trades accesibility is not the same than in a Java based program but for me, this program is above any other one for the features it can provide to you.

Question, can you write your EA in that platform? I know that other java based brokers do charge you monthly for using them, and of course you must learn Java to write them.

Just an opinion.

Reason: