MT4 Freezing when selecting Indicator List or Object List. Help! - page 2

I have had the same issue on demo accounts from 3 different brokers, and now my live account.

I tried the fix mentioned by Stringo (who was dead right about it loading outside of the window), but on my build (409) the settings are a little different. There is

Left=250
Top=-250
Right=250
Bottom=250

Which only repaired the indicator list and not the object list. Also, deleting the file didn't work because for some reason my MT4 didn't create a new one and the problem continued. So, if anyone else has this issue, this is the advice I got from my broker (Alpari) which worked and should work for anyone.

Once MT4 is loaded, press Ctl+B - this is where your MT4 will stop responding.

Then press Alt+Space - a popup menu will appear

Select Move. If the mouse pointer will jump somewhere on the screen and you'll see the move icon. If it jumped to the right of the screen, then drag it as far to the left as possible and left click. If the objects list is not visible yet, rinse and repeat.

I hope that helps someone with this very silly bug in MT4.

Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue but on MacBook pro. Here picture of the problem. Any help??

Slava:

I suspect list of objects (list of indicators) appears out of monitor's boundaries.

For example, you have second monitor. You move list of objects into the second monitor. List's position saved in the terminal.ini file. You turn off second monitor or swap monitors... Or terminal.ini file become corrupted.

Stop client terminal, remove terminal.ini, start client terminal.

I had the issue. I use 2 monitors. 

I confirm that your suggestion works perfect. thank you

Slava:

I suspect list of objects (list of indicators) appears out of monitor's boundaries.

For example, you have second monitor. You move list of objects into the second monitor. List's position saved in the terminal.ini file. You turn off second monitor or swap monitors... Or terminal.ini file become corrupted.

Stop client terminal, remove terminal.ini, start client terminal.

You are amazing!Thank you :)

I know this thread is stone old but this solved my problem with MT4.

Reason: