Hercules 2006 A.T.C. EA

This is a very simple breakout MA based on rapid price deviations from a significant moving average. It is designed to work on the H1 time frame. With the default parameters it is ready to trade EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF. For use with other crosses it is necessary to switch the base MA to a more relevant one for each particular cross. It would also be advisable to adjust the TP, SL, and trailing stop settings according to each new cross. The lot size is also easily adjusted. This EA participated in the 2006 A.T.C. where it was able to hold the top spot for most of the competition before suffering from a string of losses that eventually knocked it out of contention. Due to the drawdowns suffered by Hercules in oscillating market environments it is recommendable to pair this EA with a range trading strategy in order to achieve a more consistent equity curve. The risk:reward ratio however is EXTREMELY favorable and winning trades tend to be quite a bit larger than the losing ones.

My hope by making this contribution is to give something back to the forum (and its many selfless members) that has provided me with so many great new indicators over the years.

This is the very first EA that I ever designed (what now seems like over a million years ago), it was coded by David Lin.

Happy Trading!

Files:
hercules.mq4  11 kb

vdiddy38
wrote:

This is a very simple breakout MA based on rapid price deviations from a significant moving average. It is designed to work on the H1 time frame. With the default parameters it is ready to trade EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF. For use with other crosses it is necessary to switch the base MA to a more relevant one for each particular cross. It would also be advisable to adjust the TP, SL, and trailing stop settings according to each new cross. The lot size is also easily adjusted. This EA participated in the 2006 A.T.C. where it was able to hold the top spot for most of the competition before suffering from a string of losses that eventually knocked it out of contention. Due to the drawdowns suffered by Hercules in oscillating market environments it is recommendable to pair this EA with a range trading strategy in order to achieve a more consistent equity curve. The risk:reward ratio however is EXTREMELY favorable and winning trades tend to be quite a bit larger than the losing ones.

My hope by making this contribution is to give something back to the forum (and its many selfless members) that has provided me with so many great new indicators over the years.

This is the very first EA that I ever designed (what now seems like over a million years ago), it was coded by David Lin.

Happy Trading!

Here are the Strategy Tester results for EUR/USD... start of 2007 until today (70% modelling quaility).

Strategy Tester Report Hercules InterbankFX-Demo Accounts (Build 208) Symbol EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar) Period 1 Hour (H1) 2007.01.01 22:00 - 2008.04.07 00:00 (2007.01.01 - 2008.04.07) Model Every tick (based on all available least timeframes with fractal interpolation of every tick) Bars in test 12680 Ticks modelled 2189321 Modelling quality 69.35% Initial deposit 10000.00 Total net profit 38301.28 Gross profit 47813.44 Gross loss -9512.16 Profit factor 5.03 Expected payoff 766.03 Absolute drawdown 3714.32 Maximal drawdown 6102.40 (14.44%) Relative drawdown 43.83% (4904.28) Total trades 50 Short positions (won %) 28 (50.00%) Long positions (won %) 22 (63.64%) Profit trades (% of total) 28 (56.00%) Loss trades (% of total) 22 (44.00%) Largest profit trade 3745.84 loss trade -835.02 Average profit trade 1707.62 loss trade -432.37 Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 8 (18030.30) consecutive losses (loss in money) 8 (-3094.32) Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 18030.30 (8) consecutive loss (count of losses) -3762.40 (6) Average consecutive wins 5 consecutive losses 4
Reason: