Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5 - page 3

stringo:
devilian1899:

What is the syntax's difference between MQL4 and MQL5?

Maybe you can share a moving average EA in MQL5 to give us a brief sight?

Thanks

It may be difference between OrderSend(MQL4) and OrderSend(MQL5) function calls. But this is no matter of MQL5 syntax - it is just feature of MT5 trading platform

Pls, could you be so kind and tell me more about planned improvements in debugger (or tester + debugger)

especially:

- more inteligent approach to vatriables

- the possibility to save tick data a and work with them

- the possibility use in backtesting multitimeframe technologies

- use more then one currency in tested EA

etc. ??

Thx

Art

maria:
Sammy:
Is it planned that MQL5 will come out for MT4, not with a new MT5?

No, it is not. MQL5 will come out for MT5.

As stringo said in his interview, "the development of MT5 is in full swing, and the development of MQL5 is at its closing stage".

This is why we're discussing MQL5 in this thread.

It's a bit too early to discuss MT5 now.

Just wait for our news, please.

MQL5 != MT5

if we not stick to MQL5 on this thread - MetaQuotes might just abandon answering and that would be sad for posters of MQL5 questions/suggestions

just a thought, ok? not shouting at anybody, just reminding that this is thread on programming language (MQL5) - not thread on Client Terminal (MT5)

Regards to all

:o))

? cannot moderators move MT5 related posts to separate MT5 thread - make life easier for all ?

I would like to see strategy testing on multiple currencies at same time so you can backtest strategies like hedging.

I also notice alot of people posting EA's on here with modelling quality below 25% and they dont even know it. It should be more clear that their data is corrupt. I have waisted hours/days with this!

ukt:

? cannot moderators move MT5 related posts to separate MT5 thread - make life easier for all ?

Hello!

Of course, we can do this!

However, we will start a new thread devoted to MT5 only when the platform is ready for being discussed.))

maria:
ukt:

Hello!

Of course, we can do this!

However, we will start a new thread devoted to MT5 only when the platform is ready for being discussed.))

Understand - Thank you Maria !

I only made post/request as you had previously mentioned that this is language thread only - but... many still ignore this and make platform oriented posts causing language 'issues' to get buried.

events are planned. multitimeframes and multicurrencies testing planned too. multithreaded tester optimization... But these all things are MT5 features not MQL5.

Debugger is planned.

stringo:

events are planned. [...] But these all things are MT5 features not MQL5.

Events are programming language features...

LesioS:
stringo:

events are planned. [...] But these all things are MT5 features not MQL5.

Events are programming language features...

Events processing - yes

Events firing - no

You're right, but event processing is worth nothing without event firing...

What is event processing in the MQL5? Just appropriate functions like OnNewTick, OnNewBar, OnOrderClosed, OnPendingTriggered, OnAlert and so on placed in the events handling queue. That's all. Events handling (first part of event processing) is matter of MT5 not MQL5.
Reason: