MQL4 Tutorial in English

Dear MQL4. Community members!

We are glad to inform you that the book by S. Kovalyov is now available on this website.

The translation and proofreading are not fully complete yet, but you can see many sections of the book in English now.

We would also like to ask you to put all your notes and corrections to the book text in this branch. They all will be considered in editing, so we hope that the book will soon be well-readable.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Dear Maria,

Please help me to check at Expert Advisor :
Name:
Multi Lot Scalper
Author: Collector (2006.08.10 12:59)

I have questions for above EA, how to put stoploss automately (with parameter input) at last trade ? i.e. setting max trade in 10, so how to put stoploss in 10th trade ?

Because impossible let the last trade running without controll. Also how to change iMACD with bull or bear volume that work with their volume indicator ? i.e.

if bull volume > 0.0003 and bear volume > 0.0003 than open buy... or ....if bull volume < - 0.0003 and bear volume < - 0.0003 than open sell

I am not a programer i just trial and error with this program, so hopeful to get completely explanation from you till it is running.

Thank you and looking forward.

Best Regards,
Dictus

maria:

We are glad to inform you that the book by S. Kovalyov is now available on this website.

The translation and proofreading are not fully complete yet, but you can see many sections of the book in English now.

We would also like to ask you to put all your notes and corrections to the book text in this branch. They all will be considered in editing, so we hope that the book will soon be well-readable.

The book is awesome! I'm a beginning programmer, and the book has been a great help for me in learning to program MT4. There are a couple of other good articles and tutorials out there on the internet, but this is by far the best and most comprehensive. Thanks!

maria:

Dear Maria,

I've been read the e-book and it's really a great e-book.

May I get the Mr. Kovalyov email address, please ?

I have some questions to ask regarding the MQL4 syntax.

you may email me at mikerumawas@yahoo.com

Thank you for your attention.

Rgds,
Mike R

mike1247:

Dear Maria,

Rgds,
Mike R

Dear Mike!

Thank you very much for your feedback and nice words about Mr. Kovalyov's MQL4 Book.

Yes, I've already forwarded your e-mail to Mr. Kovalyov.

Hopefully, he'll contact you soon.

And he asked me to inform you and other interested users about the link below:

https://book.mql4.com/overview

Hope this helps you further!

Best regards,

maria:
mike1247:

Dear Maria,

Rgds,
Mike R

Dear Mike!

Thank you very much for your feedback and nice words about Mr. Kovalyov's MQL4 Book.

Yes, I've already forwarded your e-mail to Mr. Kovalyov.

Hopefully, he'll contact you soon.

And he asked me to inform you and other interested users about the link below:

https://book.mql4.com/overview

Hope this helps you further!

Best regards,

Dear Maria,

It's a great news for me this morning regarding your message.

Thank you for being so helpful.

I've been visited Mr. Kovalyov personal website at http://autograf.dp.ua/

but I don't understand the language he used :(

Please tell him how much I appreciate his book (english version) and my genuine hope to get a contact with him soon.

Thank you.

mike1247:

Please tell him how much I appreciate his book (english version) and my genuine hope to get a contact with him soon.

Thank you.

Dear Mike,

Ok, I will inform Mr. Kovalyov about your difficulties and also about your compliments to his book.

However, so far I know, he doesn't speak English well enough, so he uses translation tools like Babelfish, or the like.

I think the best way for you would be to open a thread in this forum and put all your questions in it. You could title the thread "Discussing Kovalyov's MQL4 Book", for example.

Then Mr. Kovalyov and others will be able to reply to each particular question very soon.

What do you think about this idea?

Best regards,

maria:
mike1247:

Thank you.

Dear Mike,

Ok, I will inform Mr. Kovalyov about your difficulties and also about your compliments to his book.

However, so far I know, he doesn't speak English well enough, so he uses translation tools like Babelfish, or the like.

I think the best way for you would be to open a thread in this forum and put all your questions in it. You could title the thread "Discussing Kovalyov's MQL4 Book", for example.

Then Mr. Kovalyov and others will be able to reply to each particular question very soon.

What do you think about this idea?

Best regards,

Dear Maria,

That option is quite good also.

But, it could be a special gift for me if I could get contact with Mr. Kovalyov.

I believe he doesn't mind to receive another long distance student.

I don't mind about his english, since my question will be so common for him :)

Thank you Maria for your great help.

Thanks for your interest and kind words.

My E-mail sk@autograf.dp.ua

Сергей Ковалев:
Thanks for your interest and kind words.

My E-mail sk@autograf.dp.ua

Hello Mr. Kovalyov,

I just wanted to personally thank you for writing this book and making it available for free in the public domain. It has been crucial to my understanding of this platform and everything is explained so nicely with great care. I have been programming for a while yet i found the first five chapters to be a great review of beginner programming principles in general. Once again thank you so much for your noble service. Well wishes!

Regards.

Reason: