Good Book on MQL Programming

I want to buy a good book to learn how to program in MQL. The only book I have found is Expert Advisor Programming. Is this worth buying or are there any better books out there on the subject. Feedback appreciated.

Forex_3050:

I want to buy a good book to learn how to program in MQL. The only book I have found is Expert Advisor Programming. Is this worth buying or are there any better books out there on the subject. Feedback appreciated.

https://book.mql4.com//

free :-)

The Doc is thorough and complete. Well, I'm pretty sure it is. The thing is, I always have this feeling that the meaning that the authors were trying to communicate is actively evading my intellect. I read a page once, think, "I feel like I definitely should understand this, but I don't." So I read it again and feel further from understanding it. It's like talking to Yoda! You can't complain because it's free, and it sure seems like a really good documentation, but I don't think I'm alone in not being able to wrest its meaning out of its slightly-off sentence structure.

What about tips on how to read The Doc to overcome this? Anything about MQL4 written in English originally rather than translated?

If anyone's willing to team up with me I'd be interested in editing The Doc. I'm pretty good at editing, I was an English teacher in China for two years. But part of why I haven't taken initiative on this is that often it's not just a matter of rephrasing The Doc, the meaning is obscured or ambiguous. My Chinese isn't good enough to retranslate, and besides it sounds like mostly it was all written in Russian to begin with. Anybody who knows Russian wanna team up?

callowschoolboy:
If anyone's willing to team up with me I'd be interested in editing The Doc. I'm pretty good at editing, I was an English teacher in China for two years. But part of why I haven't taken initiative on this is that often it's not just a matter of rephrasing The Doc, the meaning is obscured or ambiguous. My Chinese isn't good enough to retranslate, and besides it sounds like mostly it was all written in Russian to begin with. Anybody who knows Russian wanna team up?
I know Russian, English and Chinese, but neither one is my native language. I would be willing to help you with editing The Doc.
Reason: