Scroll to a specific date/time?

To add comments, please log in or register
Chuck Salmon
Chuck Salmon  
I often find that I want to go back to review a specific set of trades. Is there a technique that will allow you to go directly to a specific date/time on a chart? The manual scrolling is very tedious, and when you change something the chart flips back to the current time. Is it possible to construct a macro that will prompt for a date/time and scroll the chart to that position? Sample code along those lines?
Chuck Salmon
Chuck Salmon  
Nomlas:
I often find that I want to go back to review a specific set of trades. Is there a technique that will allow you to go directly to a specific date/time on a chart? The manual scrolling is very tedious, and when you change something the chart flips back to the current time. Is it possible to construct a macro that will prompt for a date/time and scroll the chart to that position? Sample code along those lines?

Sorry - didn't do enough research. I just discovered the "Secrets of MetaTrader4 Client Terminal" article, and the fast navigation feature.
Rashid Umarov
Admin
Rashid Umarov  
armagedoom
armagedoom  

Is there a way to scroll there from a Script?

Trying to get that in order to fast scroll between strategy tester orders to know where it failed an why!!

Thx!

cesar guerra
cesar guerra  

This is what work for me:

drawn a bunch of vertical lines,

Make a right click in the chart,

Open object list,

type all dates you want by clicking in the edit object,

And when you want-to select an specific date; click on them and select shows in the top right corner.

The graphics will move to the selected line.

This a format that you need to type: yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm

a few examples:

2011.11.29 15:00
2011.10.23 13:30
2010.11.23 22:30

Hope this will helps.

To add comments, please log in or register