Raspberry Pi with mql5 Linux version

How about the raspberry pi? Cheap to buy and does not take much electricity..
Is it strong enough to only run mql5 with the 1gb ram? Or the standard 700mhz?

You can instal Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=G2M1Ev_ShP0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG2M1Ev_ShP0&gl=NL

So it should run the Linux version of mql5..
YouTube
YouTube
  • m.youtube.com
Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Yeah probably.

Long time ago I tryied mt4 on ubuntu and it worked fine, only problem was with charts, they did work slowly.

If you are willing to put expert on mt5 and left it trade, you should be fine with that system.

Okj cool.

It looks like a fun project :)
But I don't know if 512mb ram is enough for mql5 to run

Kima:
How about the raspberry pi? Cheap to buy and does not take much electricity..
Is it strong enough to only run mql5 with the 1gb ram? Or the standard 700mhz?

You can instal Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=G2M1Ev_ShP0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG2M1Ev_ShP0&gl=NL

So it should run the Linux version of mql5..
There's no MT5 version (not mql5 version like you wrote) for linux or Mac. 

phi.nuts you need to read this article

Oh, with 512MB it will be nightmare. If you run only one terminal you might can can get throo. But it will be bad experience if you use it to trade with hand, but if you just let that system as 24/7 server - you will be fine.

Better go after some intel atom based pc.

CeleronS:
phi.nuts you need to read this article

Oh, with 512MB it will be nightmare. If you run only one terminal you might can can get throo. But it will be bad experience if you use it to trade with hand, but if you just let that system as 24/7 server - you will be fine.

Better go after some intel atom based pc.

I have read the article. MT5 is Windows based application, so to run on Linux, the article suggest to run MT5 on Wine software that run on Linux.

I bet she did read that article, so she talked about ubuntu in first place. And I thought that your comment will confuse her. Thats all. :) 

running mt4 or mt5 on Linux with wine1.5 (+winetricks for fonts stuff e.g.) and 512MB RAM just works fine. I do run several instances incl. EA's of this already in production 24/7.

I don't think this is a good idea.

Wine is not an x86 emulator and it wont map x86 instructions to ARM ones. Having Ubuntu installed on an ARM based machine is not enough for running MetaTrader for x86 and x64. The Wine team is working on a version that runs applications compiled for Windows 8 under ARM but that would still require a MetaTrader for ARM.

Also, x86 to ARM (using qemu) has been discussed by the team but there's nothing solid yet, maybe in the near future. This feature is more than desirable and will totally own. Here's more info on the subject: http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM

If you already own the Rasperry, i'd suggest installing Android and try using MetaTrader for Android (no EA support though). In the other case an Atom based solution is perfect for this.

ARM - The Official Wine Wiki
  • wiki.winehq.org
Windows apps are mostly compiled for x86 and they won't run on ARM with bare Wine, likewise ARM applications won't run on x86(_64) with bare Wine, so this is not our motivation. The original Motivation was to be able to run winelib-apps on ARM, that even was before it got public that win8 will run on ARM devices. Meanwhile we support these new...

TripleHeinz:

I don't think this is a good idea.

Wine is not an x86 emulator and it wont map x86 instructions to ARM ones. Having Ubuntu installed on an ARM based machine is not enough for running MetaTrader for x86 and x64. The Wine team is working on a version that runs applications compiled for Windows 8 under ARM but that would still require a MetaTrader for ARM.

Also, x86 to ARM (using qemu) has been discussed by the team but there's nothing solid yet, maybe in the near future. This feature is more than desirable and will totally own. Here's more info on the subject: http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM

If you already own the Rasperry, i'd suggest installing Android and try using MetaTrader for Android (no EA support though). In the other case an Atom based solution is perfect for this.

and yes. running x86 apps on arm architecture will be a big problem.

Okj, thanks for the reply's
Reason: