XP is not a real-time OS

So nothing guaranteed on timing.

Case closed, learned something.

phy:

XP is not a real-time OS

NT-too

I've forgot to say the same words

Hi Phy,
You looks like a guru in MQL coding. I think you can help me.
1) I made an EA using MA crossing and with confirmation from CCI crossing in a M1 Chart. EA is giving good results with bullish trends but gives extremely bad results with bearish trends. I tried to use H4 CCI crossing to distinguish bullish and bearish trends, but not working as expected. How can I solve this?

2) Is there will be a difference in tester results with computer hardware and OS? I am getting funnier results with same EA in different computers.

Thanks for you time

Samba

1) Assuming your code is unbiased toward long or short, maybe the price action around the points that trigger your orders is not also symmetrical.

2) Should be same, but don't know what you will find. Surprises are everywhere.

phy:

1) Assuming your code is unbiased toward long or short, maybe the price action around the points that trigger your orders is not also symmetrical.

Thanks for the reply. You are right, Points are not symmetrical. How can I make it symmetrical. I didn't use any arrays and used only shift.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Phy,
Here is my EA. Its giving fine results with back testing from November1 to November 28, but before and after it gives bad results. And most importantly it's not trading with the demo/live chart. What can be the problem? please look through the code and give me a suggestion.

Thanks, samba

phy:

Hi phy,
If you can help with my EA, I am ready to pay for your effort and time. I am trying to find a living with this. Please reply to shijo234@gmail. com

Thanks

samba

I have just experienced this problem about the inaccuracy of Sleep() and conducted a search and found this thread.

I want my Expert Advisor to sleep for 1ms but it actually either sleeps for 0ms or 16ms, never anything in between. I have found that in a time span of 1s, the continuous loop that contains the pause is only executed around 300 times instead of the expected > 990 times.

There could be a solution: change the windows timer resolution using timeGetDevCaps and timeBeginPeriod (with timeEndPeriod) from Winmm.dll.

Sleep from kernel32.dll mentions using these functions:

To increase the accuracy of the sleep interval, call the timeGetDevCaps function to determine the supported minimum timer resolution and the timeBeginPeriod function to set the timer resolution to its minimum.

Has anyone tried these?

Reason: