Weekend scripting

Hi

I am new here and this prolly a silly question. I would like to script and test this weekend. Cause the market is closed over weekend I cant. Is there software or something to simulate past data?
Anybody got any ideas?

L.

Open a chart, menu -- View -- Strategy tester

Thanks Phy dunno why I didnt see that.

I also would like to know where I can find a really good and affordable mini account where I can test live? I have seen mini accounts for as little as $50 but I don't think they allow scripts.
Anybody know any good one?

Easy. I use this one all the time, very cheap, and does wonders for my trading.

http://www.simpleforextester.com

Enjoy!

r1kon:

Easy. I use this one all the time, very cheap, and does wonders for my trading.

http://www.spammersareus.com

Enjoy!

Customer:
Morning,

Waitress:
Morning.

Customer:
What have you got?

Waitress:
Well, there's egg and bacon,
egg sausage and bacon
Egg and spam
Egg, bacon and spam
Egg, bacon, sausage and spam
Spam, bacon, sausage and spam
Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam
Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce
served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines
garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife:
Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress:
Well, the spam, eggs, sausage and spam
That's not got much spam in it

bonechair:
I also would like to know where I can find a really good and affordable mini account where I can test live? I have seen mini accounts for as little as $50 but I don't think they allow scripts.
Anybody know any good one?
Oanda does not call them mini accounts, but you can open and account with (ANY) amount and trade live with as little as a portion of a penny LOL
You can literally trade your live account with .01 pennies or fractions of a penny. Pretty darn cool
Great way to learn and test live, both on there web version trading and now with MetaTrader

I don't know the lot sizes but the web version is in units like 100 units is approx .01 per pip, 1000 units is approx .10 per pip, and 10,000 units is sort of like the mini account at approx 1.00 per pip

But in the metatrader I think it resorts back to the .01 and .1 lots or something similar just fyi

I think they allow the smallest amounts and lot sizes and there is no difference in your account. Same account just use different lot sizes no need to use mini,micro or different account types.
Perhaps not my favorite, but seems pretty good for something like micro small live trading and testing

Anyhow, hope this helps

Agent86:
Anyhow, hope this helps
bonechair 2007.09.20 13:28
Reason: