Want to look at stocks via Metatrader

I have some custom indicators for metatrader I would like to use in the stock market.

Is there a way to view stock market graphs (any stock i want) in metatrader? perhaps by writing a program to retrieve the datafeed from my stock brokerage and convert it to compatible metatrader? if so, where can i find info on the interface

consequently, is there another charting program that allows custom indicators to be written and that handles the stock market besides metatrader that is free ? (i know tradestation allows it , but it costs money)

You could look at stocks with Alpari's MetaTrader (www.alpari-idc.com), but i don't think you can retrieve the datafeed from your stock brokerage to MetaTrader... Depending on the timeframe you want, you could write an EA to send you alerts, and trade manually the other station based on these alerts.

unfortunately, you can only look at select stocks. i want to be able to look at any ticker symbol i want

You may find other symbols if you dig further at other MetaTrader brokers, but I don't think you can find one that would have all, because this depends on their trading activities and reflects in the symbols offered by their server.
Reason: