Help please. Simple question that has cost me a lot of sleep! - page 3

I hesitate referring to the documentation :-) but it seems to imply that it's possible (though not advicable) to use a fully qualified name for the imported module, and perhaps that's worth a try?

richplank wrote:
I hesitate referring to the documentation :-) but it seems to imply that it's possible (though not advicable) to use a fully qualified name for the imported module, and perhaps that's worth a try?

richplank,

I think you may be right. But what does that mean in English? I haven't studied programming though I've done it since I was 12 LOL

You write the import statements using "C:\winnt\system32\kernel.dll" instead of just "kernel.dll" (or maybe double backslashes) (and it should be your path to the kernel.dll file).

richplank wrote:
You write the import statements using "C:\winnt\system32\kernel.dll" instead of just "kernel.dll" (or maybe double backslashes) (and it should be your path to the kernel.dll file).

oh, thanks!
will give it a try.
:)

Marty wrote:
richplank wrote:

oh, thanks!
will give it a try.
:)

00:07:31 Compiling 'copyfunction'
00:07:31 copyfunction GBPUSD,H1: deinitialized
00:07:31 copyfunction GBPUSD,H1: loaded successfully
00:07:31 copyfunction GBPUSD,H1: initialized

No error in the log. But it still didn't perform the filecopy *scratches his head*

Maybe giving the drive component in the file name arguments to CopyFileA would make a difference?
I don't usually have the pleasure of programming on Windows, but I seem to remember that the DOS level maintains a "current drive", which is used as default when that component is omitted from file names, and that could possibly make all sorts of confusion.
Thus, you'd make it be "C:\\test.txt" and "C:\\test2.txt", or whatever is appropriate for you.
(Assuming of course that the lack of error means the dll call "worked")
Reason: