Meta Traader 4 Closing Multiple Postions On Margin Call

If I have several open positions and my equity drops below 80% of the margin. MT closes out all my positions at once. This is costing me a large loss in money. MT should only close one position at a time until the margin level is alright. Often closing only one or two positions will fill the margin requirements. How can I get MT4 to do this instead of closing out ALL my positions. This is really making me angry when this happens. Meta Trader should only close one position at a time if needed. I know not to open too many positions at once, but sometimes, several trades turn negative all at once. I should only lose one or two trades, not all at once.

Please Help
Tom Cornell

try to make a code to control this. make a special ea where you give a value when it should start and then close only those trades what you want or what could help you to get out of margin call... normally margin call is closing the biggest losses first... if you have an stradegy where you buy more to come out from a loss at some moment, going up with lots number, then margin call makes you very fast very poor because biggest lost has smallest lot number...

And there is something else. I noticed it by FXDD -- if you open a buy, lets say 1.0 lot, and a sell, 1.0 lot as well, then you don't have margin 2000 of 1900 or something like this but more like 300 which is difference between buy and sell order margin... now if you close one of them your margin goes up from 300 to near 1000...or if you have even more than two trades opened -- to unknown value. Why is it important? because closing a trade makes your margin bigger and this triggers new closings... and do not forget the rule: biggest losses are closed first!

hope it helps!

zolero
Reason: