SENDMAIL

I have setup a gmail smtp account in (options>>email) of the MetaTrader Platform. When i use sendmail command, nothing happens. How would i go about having my EA send out emails?

Are there smtp servers that are compatible with metatrader platform?

Please try to use public SMTP servers. There are servers (gmail, yahoo and some other servers) that do not allow to use their SMTP.
You can also use the SMTP server of your internet provider. Try to contact their support service.

Why don't you try my SendMail dll at www.metatrader.info ?? I've created it for such reasons!

codersguru:
Why don't you try my SendMail dll at http://www.metatrader.info/ ?? I've created it for such reasons!

Hi codersguru

I've tried to use your SendMail dll. It doesn't seem to work for me. I get asked for my permission to use an external function. Then I get asked for my permission to send email. I give it. No email goes out (sending to myself to test it and receiving nothing). I have no idea what I might be doing wrong. I've followed the instructions, placed everything where it should be etc.

Please help

codersguru:
Why don't you try my SendMail dll at www.metatrader.info ?? I've created it for such reasons!
This link is dead. can u help me pls to sendmail. I dont have any ISP :-(. can u tell me about any public smtp server?

I think you can use Yahoo but they charge you. Most web based email clients will allow you to use their smpt server for a fee. However, if it works with metatrader I have no idea.

c0d3

> Are there smtp servers that are compatible with metatrader platform?

Have your own SMTP/POP3 account :)

Works with MT4 SendMail without add-ins - you can send a test mail from a button on the Email Options tab to verify before you start calling code
Virus & SPAM filtered
Control Panel to change your password - so I wont know it ;)
Also use the account to send mail from any SMTP compatible email program including Outlook
Receive mail as POP3 or logon to the postbox online and send & receive from there

Send 19.50 GBP, for set up & first year, via PayPal to orders@selectfx.net

Please state in PayPal 'Special Instructions' your preferred email name - it should be in the format youremailname@selectfx.net

NB You will need one other mail account (can be anything) to receive the mail the EA sends out

-BB-

Tatyana:
Please try to use public SMTP servers. There are servers (gmail, yahoo and some other servers) that do not allow to use their SMTP.
You can also use the SMTP server of your internet provider. Try to contact their support service.
I use yahoo and works nice.

Just configure your yahoo account.

edfiuza:
Tatyana:
I use yahoo and works nice.

Just configure your yahoo account.

I use to yahoo but I dont can send a testemail with metatrader, connect falied is alwasy the error message

Did you configure your yahoo account?
What configuration in MT4 are you using?
Reason: