Help me test two EAs: Trend Rider & Extreme Scalper

Due to the many demands by friends, I've decided to have this thread for testing purposes of the two EAs I've developed recently.

Namely:

1) Trend-Rider: Based on jumping on trends and using them (long-term)

2) ExtremeScalper: The name suggests it has too many orders per day, which is incorrect due to some conditions the signal must meet, but so far it had almost daily profits in backtests - except when it gets stuck/jolted by news

I hope you could help me forward test those EAs with your demo account.

I didn't know if this is the best thread to post this article. But if it needs to be moved, so be it (MODS).

Believe it or not, I don't even have DSL to test this continuously. Anyone with good news about the performance of the EAs (any of them) will get the source code for free.

Both seem to work well on backtests, which is not always the best way to measure an EA. The problem with both is the use of dynamic stoploss, trailing points, and target profit. That's why either may be stuck somewhere, which requires manual work sometimes.

It's a learning experience and I hope it is full of 'virtual' profit for you all. It's all just for learning and fun. I don't think they make a good source of income as of yet, that's why I need your help in making them so.

BTW, those versions are unlimited and never expire. Also, run the EAs on any pair but only on M1 charts. I've never tested any other timeframe.

Don't freak out if you find them losing pips. Just let them go their course. It's just an experiment. It's no holy grail!!

Attached are the two EAs. Have a look.

DON'T ASK ME ABOUT THE SOURCE CODE PLEASE. THIS IS JUST FOR YOUR EXPERIMENTAL PLEASURE.

Edit: ExtremeScalper can be tested now after a few modifications. But it's still not 100% clean. it's work under progress and may get stuck sometimes

getting started today

gr leon

leon11:
getting started today

gr leon

Thanks. Make sure you also do some backtesting to optimize the best setting for the pair(s) and broker you'll be working on in forward testing.

I've tried it on the Asian session and it's not doing well so far. That's expected because trend-rider in particular doesn't produce results right away. It needs time.

about losses

A reminder:

Trend-Rider will definitely produce losing trades at first. If you want to have good results, then you must wait patiently for days. It's no scalping program.

Everyone please don't waste your time here investor_me won't realease the code for us.

If this system is successfully working then all of you have to pay for it!

GOOD BYE and GOOD LUCK!

Extreme Scalper

Those who want to test something that generates orders quickly, here's the original ExtremeScalper EA for your testing pleasure.

So far, it produced 50 pips since the morning, but be aware that it sometimes gets stuck when the trend goes wildly wrong. I need to solve that problem soon. If loss goes beyond 50 pips, then it may be stuck indeed.

I'll need to solve that problem. You're free to try it, nothing to lose in a demo account.

lets start

hey ''myfogo'' what r we going to lose if we tried and tested every thing new ,sure at last we will have more experience,maybe at last some of us get the idea that collect most good elements in every EA or indicator,

excuse my english ,,what i'm trying to say that try and try and try ,,at last u will find something new and deserve effort and if u didn't u will not be sad cause inside u ,,u believe that u done ur best,

investor_me i will test ur new EA ,,hope we can reach something profitable in stable way

best regards for all of u

Trend Rider

Many thanks to Investor-me for making his work available to eveyone. I don't require the source code, I am not a programmer, just a Trader [who has been trading for nearly 7 year] and like to see some-one try and make trading automatic, without having BIG draw downs or MANY Open Orders.

I tried back testing [with all the problems] and couldn't really get anything to "use" as defaults. But I am doing forward testing on 15 mins on 5 pairs [Demo].

At the moment [after 24 hours], I am 67pips in profit on Eur/$.... No other pair has traded at the moment.

Files:
capture.jpg  372 kb

Trend Rider

Hello Investor_me,

we know each other from another thread, I think you remember me. You've done another great work!

In the past week I've run this EA on some pairs for forward tests. The results are considerable, however some improvements are necessary. What I could realize was that no trades were opened on JPY currencies.

As you can see, there are a few opened trades with a larger loss, this because the trades run against the opened trend. I think in such case, trades should be closed as soon as possible. If we wait enough time, we could come again into the profit area, however in this time other successful trades would be possible.

Wouldn't have had apply a dynamic stoploss as described above?

Files:
opentrades.jpg  165 kb

mamba22:
Hello Investor_me,

we know each other from another thread, I think you remember me. You've done another great work!

In the past week I've run this EA on some pairs for forward tests. The results are considerable, however some improvements are necessary. What I could realize was that no trades were opened on JPY currencies.

As you can see, there are a few opened trades with a larger loss, this because the trades run against the opened trend. I think in such case, trades should be closed as soon as possible. If we wait enough time, we could come again into the profit area, however in this time other successful trades would be possible.

Wouldn't have had apply a dynamic stoploss as described above?

Of course I remember you. You've helped a lot in the past and I thank you for continuing your encouragement.

I totally agree with you on the needed changes and believe that it is very important to not give up on any of the EAs I've develop. There is something in common in all those EAs and that is the need for a dynamic stoploss strategy that could preserve as much gained profit as possible and minimize potential loss in trends that go wildly out of the expectations.

In the meantime, it's going to be more ebooks, more studying of charts, and looking into other EAs that seem to have developed some core principals in stopping the loss as quickly as possible.

But again, you'r efforts in testing are vital to the continuation of the eternal search for the Holy Grail, which I'm sure I will never find, but at least we can try to get closer to it every day

New version (v1.1)

This is the new version of Trend-Rider (v1.1) for forward testing. It has a hard stoploss and some enhancements in the code.

supports magic no and should be used for M1 charts only. Remember, you need to adjust parameters to match your pairs. Start with default settings.

Also, I recommend doing some backtesting first. You will notice three key parameters that would decide your success rate:

MACD: How many IMA levels do you want to calculate before judging on the best entry/exit points

Initial_StopLoss: The hard stoploss that must be met (usually more than 200)

TrailingPoint: The number of pips that need to be met before jumping to the next SL level each time the trend is in our direction

Files:
Reason: