WHY ARE TRADERS LOSING MONEY? - page 12

paukas >>:

Важен сам факт. На новостях куда-то рванёт. И не важно куда. Главное чтоб сильней.

That's right!

PapaYozh >>:

Я скажу Вам по ОЧЕНЬ большому секрету, что СЛ можно не ставить, если не используешь плечо.

И умомяю, не расказывайте никому этот секрет... т-с-с-с-с...!

In the margin market, the trader always uses leverage. That is, the dealing desk simply lets the trader know how much free margin should be in the account to open and maintain a position (not generally the same thing). That is, how much of what is in the account is fixed by the dealing company. The rest of the depo is free margin.

The second question is whether the trader opens with the maximum possible margin, or uses the free margin in the account to compensate for possible market movements against the open position. This is the MM (IMHO). My point is: if a trader has 100K in the account and opens with 1 lot (with no requirements for free margin - for simplicity), it does not mean that the leverage is not used - just a large free margin.

Good luck.

ZEXEL66 >>:

Хорошо, есть список новостей, которые выходят в четверг и пятницу. Назовите тут любую новость и скажите куда пойдет цена после ее выхода.

а. значение новости совпало с прогнозом.

б. значение новости хуже прогноза на 10%

в. значение новости лучше прогноза на 10%.

Раз уж вы ЭТО понимаете, то и проверим как вы ЭТО понимаете. Плюс расскажите КАК КОНКРЕТНО вы сможете использовать

выход данной новости. Ведь если она будет отличаться на те же 10% от прогноза и цена действительно пойдет в ту сторону,

в которую и должна, исходя из фундаменталки, то вы все равно ничего на ней не заработаете, пока успеете ее только прочитать,

цена уже улетит. А дальше опять 50% что она пойдет обратно или пойдет дальше.

А пока ЭТО тут не распишите...буду считать что в ЭТОМ вы понимаете ровно столько сколько и все.

Question for a question. How do you open a position without knowing the content of the news, for example before the release of Non-farm payrolls?

Actually, I did not take any courses to teach trading on the news. All news has its own duration of impact on the market, how could you not know that?

VladislavVG >>:

Второй вопрос - открывается ли трейдер на максимально возможный в данный момент сайз или использует свободную маржу на счету для компенсации возможного движения рынка против открытой позиции. Это уже из области ММ (ИМХО). Это я к чему: если у трейдера 100К на счету и он открывается 1 лотом, это не значит, что плечо не используется - просто большой размер свободной маржи.

Удачи.

By the way yes!

The leverage can be considered as "normal", say 1:200

Or it can be "effective", the ratio of the open volume to the size of the funds.

As far as I know, that's how it's counted in Duke...

VladislavVG писал(а) >>

In the margin market, the trader always uses leverage. That is, the dealing desk simply lets the trader know how much free margin should be in the account to open and maintain a position (not generally the same thing). That is, how much of what is in the account is fixed by the dealing company. The rest of the depo is free margin.

The second question is whether the trader opens with the maximum possible margin, or uses the free margin in the account to compensate for possible market movements against the open position. This is the MM (IMHO). My point is: if a trader has 100K in the account and opens with 1 lot (with no requirements for free margin - for simplicity), it does not mean that the leverage is not used - just a large free margin.

Good luck.

There are two uses for the word "leverage"

1) General economic Leverage = Equity/(Equity+ Borrowed_equity)

2. Leverage = Collateral/Lot.

You are writing in point 2. In reality, it is not really a leverage, but a margin call. I.e. the maximum possible leverage under the collateral condition.

paukas >>:

Важен сам факт. На новостях куда-то рванёт. И не важно куда. Главное чтоб сильней.

Sometimes the jerk itself is hard to catch, the course flies off without stopping.

And the impact of Friday's news is still there today and it must be used.

kombat >>:

Кстати да!

Плечо можно считать как "обычное", там скажем 1:200

А можно и "эффективное", отношение открытого обьёма к размеру средств.

Насколько знаю в дуке именно так считают...

Many licensed dealers have requirements for the amount of available funds in the account. This prevents the trader from draining the entire deposit at one time and then it is more correct to use "stop out" instead of "margin call".

Good luck.

ULAD >>:

Вопрос на вопрос. Как вы не зная содержания новостей открываете позицию скажем перед выходом новостей по Nonfarm payrolls?

Вообще то я и не брался открывать курсы по обучению торговли по новостям. Любая новость имеет свою продолжительность воздействия на рынок, как бы вам этого не знать?

I'M QUOTING WHAT YOU WROTE ABOVE:

And news really has to be understood. Some people find it easier to work without news, but they lose more from it.

Concluded that you mean that you HAVE to understand the news. Plus you also make money from it. Since I haven't heard back from you.

I haven't heard back from you, I conclude that you're just babbling on. If not, don't answer a question with a question, but with an answer

to the questions clearly asked of you.

I know only one way (there may be many), that is making money on the news. Euro / franc pair. I bluntly open

Before VERY IMPORTANT news (not franc related) in both directions. I`ll take them at 20-30 pips without any

no stops. In an hour both orders are usually closed at take profit. Or one is closed and the other one is near zero. I have not invented anything else.

(pending orders with min SL do not count, everybody was playing with it).

So I ask you, as a VERY smart trader, give me any example of how you use news to get

profits.

paukas >>:

Есть два употребления у слово "плечо"

1. Общеэкономический Плечо= собств_капитал/(собств_капитал+заёмный_капитал)

2. Плечо= Залог/Лот .

Вы пишете по п.2. На самом деле это не совсем плечо, а маржинальные требования. Т.е. максимально возможное плечо по условию залога.

Absolutely right, but since the trader is not a bank and trades according to the rules of the dealing house where the deposit is made, it is (IMHO) correct to use dealing terminology to avoid misunderstandings. In the other case simply to clarify the term.

Good luck.

VladislavVG писал(а) >>

It is absolutely true, but since the trader is not a bank and trades according to the rules of the dealing house where the deposit is made, it is (IMHO) correct to use the terminology of the dealing house to avoid misunderstandings. In the other case simply to clarify the term.

Good luck.

Dilling doesn't use this terminology for everyone either.

A good portion do not write leverage 1: 10, but "margin requirements -10%".

Reason: