- Reviews (1)
- What's new
VR Black Box MT5
VR Black Box is an automated trading strategy based on the method of price movement. This trading strategy is similar to the "Swing" strategy, if you made a mistake with the purchase, you enter the sale. An interesting feature of this program is the algorithms of protection against high-risk situations. VR Black Box uses real Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, as well as virtual levels. At the same time, the advisor hides virtual levels with the help of real ones. I started working on this trading strategy in 2009. For more than ten years, the VR Black Box Advisor has been improved and modified many times.
Monitoring the program operation in real time Mql5 Signals
How the VR Black Box Advisor works
The strategy of making a profit when trading following a price is very simple at its core and can be described as follows:
- The price is rising? Buy with the same volume, set Take Profit and Stop Loss.
- The price is falling? Sell with the same volume, set Take Profit and Stop Loss.
- If the last deal has been closed with a loss, you should increase the lot for the next deal to compensate for the loss from the previous deal and make a profit.
The advisor implements the following algorithms:
- An algorithm of different operating modes:
- An automatic mode - the advisor works without a trader's participation and all the trading operations it does itself in this mode.
- A manual mode - the trader can open the first position on his own in this mode and, if the position is closed by stop loss, the advisor will automatically continue trading in order to compensate for the loss. The manual mode is ideal for novice traders and those who prefer manual trading. Trading results improve significantly when using the manual trading mode.
- An algorithm for choosing the lot calculation - When running the advisor, a trader can choose to calculate a lot by a percentage of the balance or a fixed constant lot.
- An algorithm for resetting the lot, if the advisor calculates a lot bigger than the trader set in the settings, the calculated lot will be reduced to the maximum lot set in the settings.
- An algorithm for increasing the lot in case of a negative deal - a trader himself can specify how many times the next lot should be increased.
- An algorithm for hiding virtual Stop Loss and Take Profit levels with the help of real levels.
- An algorithm for calculating the extended spread.
- An algorithm for trading taking into account the appearance of a new period.
- An algorithm for trading based on indicator signals, including custom ones.
- An algorithm for trading on any financial instruments (Forex, Crypto, CFD, Futures, Metals).
- Other algorithms that increase the advisor's efficiency.
How virtual levels work and what they do:
When trading in the virtual level mode, the advisor sets real overestimated Stop Loss and Take Profit levels. In this case, your broker always sees overestimated levels, but the advisor, at the same time, always keeps and uses virtual levels with values less than real ones in its memory. As a result, it turns out that the advisor itself closes positions at the right time, without waiting for Stop Loss and Take Profit levels to trigger.
Important! When testing the program in the strategy tester, be sure to take into account the following information:
- The best testing is to use the program in real conditions. To evaluate the real effectiveness of the application, buy the program for a short time and use it on training or micro-accounts.
- The strategy tester built into MetaTrader does not take into account: spread, commission, pings, requotes, real tick receipt rate, tick quality and other important conditions. The profitability or loss results obtained in the strategy tester cannot be taken into account!
- Technical support, settings and set files, demo versions of programs can be requested in the author's profile.
Versions: MetaTrader 4
More information in the blog go to
The functions of receiving signals from custom indicators now work correctly.
Manual trading now works correctly.
Disappearing information window when changing settings
Lot calculation for a multiplier less than two (Lot Multiplier <2)
Displaying statistics about the expert's work
Displaying historical data on a chart
Massive improvements and code optimizations
Stopping an Expert Advisor in some cases
Work on signals from indicators, including custom ones
Lot calculation now works much more accurately
Work in the assistant mode, previously the adviser could not continue trading
Accounting for the distance between a position closed with a loss and a new position.
Reset lot setting - now if the automatically calculated lot is greater than the specified one, the lot is reset to the specified in the setting. Disable setting = 0.