Tipu Heikin Ashi Panel
Tipu Heikin-Ashi Panel is the modified version of the original Heiken Ashi indicator published by MetaQuotes here.
A professional version of this indicator is available here.
- An easy to use Panel that shows the Heiken Ashi trend of selected timeframe.
- Customizable Buy/Sell alerts, push alerts, email alerts, or visual on-screen alerts.
- Customizable Panel. The panel can be moved to any place on the chart or minimized to allow more space.
Heikin means "the average", and Ashi means "foot" in Japanese. Heikin-Ashi is the Japanese charting technique that uses averages of prices for plotting candles. This technique smooths some noise in the candle charts in effort to give a better trend picture. Another example of a common smoothing indicator is moving averages, that can be used in conjunction with Heikin-Ashi.
How to Use
The blue candles mean uptrend, and the red candles mean downtrend. For example, if a pertinent period is upward, the panel will show blue color for that period. It will also display a visual "buy" signal after a change of candle from red to blue. As a best practice, it is recommended to consider signals from other timeframes and/or other indicators before making a trade decision.
Close = (Open+High+Low+Close)/
Open = [Open (previous bar) + Close (previous bar)]/2
High = Max (High,Open,Close)
Low = Min (Low,Open, Close)
- Show Panel - visibility settings, select true/false to show the panel
- Dialog Mode - Vertical/Horizontal - e.g. horizontal puts time frames horizontal.
- Overlay Indicator - Choose this if you want Heikin Ashi on top of your personal Candlechart, Bar Chart, or Line Chart.
- Uptrend Color - settings for uptrend color on the panel, to change uptrend candle color choose color settings besides input settings
- Buy Signal Color - buy signal color on the panel, this will show buy/sell on change of the candle color
- Downtrend Color - settings for downtrend color on the panel
- Sell Signal Color - sell signal color on the panel
- Alert Shift - candle delay for the signal, enter 1 if you want the alert sent after 1 candle to be passed
- Alert Mobile - select true/false to get push notification on your device, make sure the device settings are correct here
- Alert Onscreen - select true/false to get alert on the terminal, this alert shows in a separate window
- Alert Email - select true/false to get email alerts, make sure email settings are correct here
int shift = 1; //use this for lookback, 0 means the most current candle, 1 means previous candle int iSignal = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"Market/Tipu Heikin Ashi Panel","",false,0,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,clrNONE,clrNONE,clrNONE,clrNONE,"",1,false,false,false,4,shift); int iTrend = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"Market/Tipu Heikin Ashi Panel","",false,0,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,clrNONE,clrNONE,clrNONE,clrNONE,"",1,false,false,false,5,shift); // if (iSignal == OP_BUY) //represented by "B" and "S" displayed on the panel, if (iTrend == OP_BUY) //represented by blue colored boxes
Fixed problem with overlay charts
Added support for M30.
Added support for horizontal panel.
Reduced margins for more space.
Fixed disappearing panel on window resize.
Fixed conflict with trade levels.
Various other improvements.
Fixed false buy signal on the panel caused by missing symbol history. After this update, if you continue to see false buy signals, please download history for the symbol (Tools --> History Center).
Fixed multiple alerts.
Various performance improvement