iCustom adressing

Hello to the expers,

I want to see/check custom indicator values in an EA.

This variation on built in indicators works fine:

OnInit part:      MA_handle=iMA(NULL,0,21,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE);

OnTick Part:      CopyBuffer(MA_handle,0,0,100,MA); ArraySetAsSeries(MA,true);     Comment(MA[0]);    the Comment shows the current MA value

Now I tried my CustomIndicator (has 5 inputs (A-E) and 3 buffers)

OnInit part:     MA_handle=iCustom(NULL, 0, "Indic. Name",A,B,C,D,E);

OnTick Part:      CopyBuffer(MA_handle,0,0,100,MA); ArraySetAsSeries(MA,true);     Comment(MA[0]);      (same line as above)

and the comment doesn't show the indicator value, but a static value (a large number, not -1 or 0 etc.)

For any helpful hints, thanks in advance

Mike

fxnew5:

Hello to the expers,

OnTick Part:      CopyBuffer(MA_handle,0,0,100,MA); ArraySetAsSeries(MA,true);     Comment(MA[0]);    the Comment shows the current MA value

OnTick Part:      CopyBuffer(MA_handle,0,0,100,MA); ArraySetAsSeries(MA,true);     Comment(MA[0]);      (same line as above)

and the comment doesn't show the indicator value, but a static value (a large number, not -1 or 0 etc.)

Mike

Test whether the CopyBuffer is copying the data. 

int copy=CopyBuffer(MA_handle,0,0,100,MA);
if(copy<=0) Print("ERROR!");

fxnew5:

Hello to the expers,

Mike

Is your large value equal to 2147483647 ? If yes, the that is known as EMPTY_VALUE - check the indicator when does it place EMPTY_VALUE in the 1st buffer it is using (since you are trying to access the first buffer). Also check if you are trying to access the correct buffer for values

Mladen Rakic:

Is your large value equal to 2147483647 ? If yes, the that is known as EMPTY_VALUE - check the indicator when does it place EMPTY_VALUE in the 1st buffer it is using (since you are trying to access the first buffer). Also check if you are trying to access the correct buffer for values

thanks for the fast feedback!

I checked the following:

placed Comment(MA_handle) instead and got by using the MA_handle=iMA(NULL,0,21,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE);    an integer "10"

now when using / replacing

MA_handle=iCustom(NULL,0,"ParabolicSAR",

0.04,        // Step

0.5          // Maximum

);   

or my own indicator  I get "-1"   so even the built in Parabolic isn't adressed correctly ?!

Mladen Rakic:

2147483647 is not EMPTY_VALUE with mql5. It's DBL_MAX.

and what's the reason for getting the error message "-1" when using

Comment(MA_handle)

and

MA_handle=iCustom(NULL,0,"ParabolicSAR",

0.04,        // Step

0.5          // Maximum

);  
or my own indicator??  

Isn't any moderator in the forum able to solve this (probably for the experts rather simple) obstacle??

fxnew5:

Isn't any moderator in the forum able to solve this (probably for the experts rather simple) obstacle??

Moderators are "moderators" and have no obligation to solve your problems!

You are the one that is supposed to solve your own problem.

The users that post here only offer their advice and guidance and it is up to you to apply that and follow-up on with your own research.

If you are not getting the advice you believe that is due, then consider also that your query may not be all that well explained or with too little detail to be able to spot the problem.

You should also consider the fact, that you just need to apply yourself more in learning to code properly by doing more reading and research about it.

well, my friend, the question can't be that complicated for an expert to solve

MT 5 is supposed to be a professional platform, spread all over the world, my friend.

When you look at the translation of the manual, you realize (maybe your native language is an astonishing exception) that is was translated by some kinda program. And the result is, that it's not at a professional company level.

fxnew5:

well, my friend, the question can't be that complicated for an expert to solve

MT 5 is supposed to be a professional platform, spread all over the world, my friend.

When you look at the translation of the manual, you realize (maybe your native language is an astonishing exception) that is was translated by some kinda program. And the result is, that it's not at a professional company level.

Why some one should solve YOUR issue ? For my part, it's a very basic issue and I am not interested to invest my time.

It's of course simpler to blame others, documentation or the language itself.

"I am not interested to invest my time."

great altruistic approach, could be a role model for the world nowadays , thank you indeed.

so the issue is clear, now.

Reason: