It's not time to begin coding some professional EAs?

Hello community.

I've tought: it's not the right time now that Tester and Agents released, to begin code some popular and professional

EAs of MT4 into MT5 language?

This is for learning and practising with the new mql5 language and to give all of us beginners coders a possibility

to move and migrate from mql4 to mql5 by seeing the differences in codes and coding of old mql4 EAs into new but same

mql5 version of that populars EAs of mql4.com forum?

The MA and MACD simple EAs are too less and too easy codes for learning the new language.

Yes they can help, but it would be interesting and best to see another more-complex EA given to the mql5 community,

to begin trip the oceans of this new object oriented language.

I hope new EAs will come soon, by you professional and skilled coders.

Thanks!

Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5
  • Sergey Pavlov
  • www.mql5.com
This article is a quick guide to MQL4 language functions, it will help you to migrate your programs from MQL4 to MQL5. For each MQL4 function (except trading functions) the description and MQL5 implementation are presented, it allows you to reduce the conversion time significantly. For convenience, the MQL4 functions are divided into groups, similar to MQL4 Reference.

forexistence posted  :

Hello community.

I've tought: it's not the right time now that Tester and Agents released, to begin code some popular and professional

EAs of MT4 into MT5 language?

This is for learning and practising with the new mql5 language and to give all of us beginners coders a possibility

to move and migrate from mql4 to mql5 by seeing the differences in codes and coding of old mql4 EAs into new but same

mql5 version of that populars EAs of mql4.com forum?

The MA and MACD simple EAs are too less and too easy codes for learning the new language.

Yes they can help, but it would be interesting and best to see another more-complex EA given to the mql5 community,

to begin trip the oceans of this new object oriented language.

I hope new EAs will come soon, by you professional and skilled coders.

Thanks!

hi, forexistence ,

I disagree with u, because if not tester , how can we test the code have logical error or not ?

run on real time mode is too slow, just wait /waste time 

kelly:

hi, forexistence ,

I disagree with u, because if not tester , how can we test the code have logical error or not ?

run on real time mode is too slow, just wait /waste time 

I don't know what you mean..

I simply said: it would be glad and helpful if someone skilled in coding, begin

to porting some mql4 EAs on the mql4.com forum, into mql5 and mql5.com forum.

About the Tester, the optimizer and agents, yes it runs!

The back-Tester i think is not working in this update/patch for an error and will be fixed

soon with the next patch/update.

forexistence:

I don't know what you mean..

I simply said: it would be glad and helpful if someone skilled in coding, begin

to porting some mql4 EAs on the mql4.com forum, into mql5 and mql5.com forum.

About the Tester, the optimizer and agents, yes it runs!

The back-Tester i think is not working in this update/patch for an error and will be fixed

soon with the next patch/update.

I mean I disagree with what u say: :it's not the right time now that Tester and Agents released "

if tester not released , how can we debug EA quickly ?

run on live to debug will be too slow,

just wait /waste time  

Am I missing something here ? Is the tester not present ? Or you mean that non visual = not existing ?

When MT4 was launched, the tester was not visual. It became visual at about the end of 2005, if I remember...

Yes, it's harder and uglier without a visual mode, but it's still possible to use. You just need more side coding to check what the EA is doing, if too bad/too good results are results of EA logics or mistakes in coding. 

TheEconomist:

Am I missing something here ? Is the tester not present ? Or you mean that non visual = not existing ?

When MT4 was launched, the tester was not visual. It became visual at about the end of 2005, if I remember...

Yes, it's harder and uglier without a visual mode, but it's still possible to use. You just need more side coding to check what the EA is doing, if too bad/too good results are results of EA logics or mistakes in coding. 

i should say:"if visual mode of strategy tester not released , how can we debug EA quickly ?"

By the way , what is "side coding"?

Side coding is extra coding that will fill the logs with stories about variables in several places of the EA execution, so that you know that the graph represents the strategy that you had in mind when you coded, not the erroneous strategy that may come out of your hands in the MQL code.

Reason: