Reading Trading Books with You

Hello everybody,

I really love reading Technical Analysis books and any text that I can find and learn from trading. In this topic I will share what I find interesting while reading my current book. We can discuss it with each other so we mught find something interesting.

So lets begin :)

" To  be  successful  an  advisory  service must tell people what they want to hear, not necessarily what  the  truth  is." __ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 34.

"People's  emotions  inhibit  their  stock-market  actions in all sorts of  curious ways.

Many people hesitate to cut their losses on a stock because they are ashamed of looking a fool in the eyes of their broker."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 36.

"Everyone in the stock market seems to put their  hopes,  fears,  inhibitions,  vanity,  and  prejudices before rational thought. How can they possibly succeed?"__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 37.

" Experience taught me  that I  could  not  possibly win in  the  market if  I  allowed emotion to influence my  decisions."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 37.

" It is what stocks are doing and not what people are  saying  that  determine  my actions. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 38.

" In some ways the behavior of the share price was even more  reliable  than  inside  information....The  behavior of the stock told me all I wanted to know. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 41.

"  In  the  stock market, as in some other fields of  activity, it is sometimes better not ta know too much."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 52.

" The private investor's chances of making money in  the  market  are  even better  than  the  institution's."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 56.

" In the stock market he  more things change, the  more they stay the same. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 57.

" Never enter the market without protecting yourself  against loss."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 57.

Reason: