What is common mistakes of indicators and EA? Is there any problem in market products? I think beginner developers have three options:
1. All pending and orders use to one Magic number.
2. When EA testing on strategies tester, developers didn't consume OrderTicket is randomly. They use to increased OrderTicket numbers (0 to N)
3. When connection reset, EA initialise again, but some pending and orders already opened. EA doesn't consume these orders again.
1. I don't use magic numbers.
2. I don't use strategy tester.
3. My Ea pick up every order, even manually opened from mobile device and also reloads after re-initialization.
4. I do not recognize any of your common mistakes.
Non of the above 3 reasons can effect on EA results.
1. A single Magic number can work for hundreds of orders with no problem. The rule I believe in, as much you use
magic numbers, the magic number lose it's importance or code control as the main purpose of it is to use for order
differentiation with other orders. 1 or max of 2 is ok for me.
2. OrderTicket is generated by Tester/broker ... If you code your EA properly, you will not make any issues related to it.
You need to debug your code using Alert, Comment or print functions to see how it works before going demo/live.
3. Most of EAs are working to get on the track once connection is back or platform restart. I believe 98% are so.
The 3 mentioned points are not having big effect on the EA results as you think.
This is my own opinion I built according to about 10 years of coding.