mql5 Stochastic Readings on different Timeframes

Hi,

I have the below piece of code, which is supposed to read the values of the stochastic at different timeframes. When the chart is on the same timeframe as the requested stochastic timeframe, it gives the correct reading, however when it is on a different timeframe to the one requested it generates incorrect values. What am I doing wrong? result[] caries the different timeframe values, candle represents 1.

for(int l=ArraySize(result)-1;l>=0;l--)
        {
         int to_copy=Bars(Symbol(),TFMigrate(result[l]));
         double StoMain[],StoSignal[];
         int Sto_Handle=iStochastic(Symbol(),TFMigrate(result[l]),perck,percd,slowings,mamethod,STO_LOWHIGH);
         if(CopyBuffer(Sto_Handle,MAIN_LINE,0,to_copy,StoMain)<=0)return;
         if(CopyBuffer(Sto_Handle,SIGNAL_LINE,0,to_copy,StoSignal)<=0)return;
         ArraySetAsSeries(StoMain,true);
         ArraySetAsSeries(StoSignal,true);
         if(result[l]==180 && i==4)
            Alert(StoMain[candle]);
         if(StoMain[candle]<
            StoSignal[candle])
           {
            ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_BGCOLOR,clrRed);
            ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_COLOR,clrRed);
           }
         if(StoMain[candle]>=
            StoSignal[candle])
           {
            ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_BGCOLOR,clrGreen);
            ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_COLOR,clrGreen);
           }
        }

It's giving me the same value on any timeframe so maybe it's the TFMigrate() function.

ENUM_TIMEFRAMES result[]={PERIOD_H1,PERIOD_H3,PERIOD_H6};

for(int l=ArraySize(result)-1;l>=0;l--)
     {
      int to_copy=2;
      double StoMain[],StoSignal[];
      int Sto_Handle=iStochastic(Symbol(),result[l],7,3,3,MODE_SMA,STO_LOWHIGH);
      if(CopyBuffer(Sto_Handle,MAIN_LINE,0,to_copy,StoMain)<=0)return(0);
      if(CopyBuffer(Sto_Handle,SIGNAL_LINE,0,to_copy,StoSignal)<=0)return(0);
      ArraySetAsSeries(StoMain,true);
      ArraySetAsSeries(StoSignal,true);
      if((int)result[l]==16387 /*&& i==4*/)
         printf("Timeframe:%s StochMain:%f",EnumToString(result[l]),StoMain[1]);
      if(StoMain[1]<
         StoSignal[1])
        {
         //ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_BGCOLOR,clrRed);
         //ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_COLOR,clrRed);
        }
      if(StoMain[1]>=
         StoSignal[1])
        {
         //ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_BGCOLOR,clrGreen);
         //ObjectSetInteger(0,"TC"+IntegerToString(i+1)+results[l],OBJPROP_COLOR,clrGreen);
        }
     }

Ernst Van Der Merwe:

It's giving me the same value on any timeframe so maybe it's the TFMigrate() function.

Thanks Ernst, you were correct it was an issue with the TFMigrate().

Regard

Richard 

Reason: