Recovery Factor : Is it important? - page 3

To add comments, please log in or register
Widy Prasetyo
Widy Prasetyo  

Recovery factor can be different meaning for each system statisitic.

as far as I know , recovery factor is to determine if trading system profitable-safe or not.

for example: last equity = $1000 ...... and then came loss 20%, equity change into $800 ... next, equity increase again into $1100.

so, recovery factor is condition where loss change into profit.... but it also depends on how much risk in every trade.
and it's very important especially to choose Signal Provider.

Arfian Satriya Djunaedi
Arfian Satriya Djunaedi  
my drawdown is 34.82%, recovery factor 67.25 and profit factor 30.16, anyone can tell me what's that mean? i never use stoploss anyway..
Isauro Martinez Tamez
Isauro Martinez Tamez  
I'm not really sure on how it is calculated but I'm really sure it will help you choose one strategy over the other, because the higher the recovery factor is the less likely you are going to lose more money than the one you are risking.
amarkal7
amarkal7  
Alain Verleyen:
That means you are using a martingale and no stoploss and you will crash your account soon
😂😂😂😂😂 damn market...can't allow you to enjoy your recovery factor in peace
david mackay
david mackay  

I was advised by one of the EA developers to aim for a recovery factor of 7 or greater, I assume that he has done a lot of work on this type of thing as his products are quite reliable.

I wonder what others use as a benchmark.

Ali irwan
Ali irwan  
Widy Prasetyo:

Recovery factor can be different meaning for each system statisitic.

as far as I know , recovery factor is to determine if trading system profitable-safe or not.

for example: last equity = $1000 ...... and then came loss 20%, equity change into $800 ... next, equity increase again into $1100.

so, recovery factor is condition where loss change into profit.... but it also depends on how much risk in every trade.
and it's very important especially to choose Signal Provider.

I think it is a common thing, sometimes we lose first and then profit.
 In forex nothing is always a profit, for that we are required to use money management wisely.
ALIREZA MALEKI
ALIREZA MALEKI  
What is the best Recovery Factor number?
To add comments, please log in or register