mt4 smtp server address

has anyone figured out the smtp server address on the mt4? ive tried the mail.gmx.com:587 and few other combinations but ain't working.

Im trying to get text alert on my phone but this seems to be on the way. Any suggestion?

cheers

Im trying to get text alert on my phone.

In this case it's easier to use the mobile notifications inside the MT4 mobile app.

If you like to get e-mails you can use a free SMTP service as bridge between MT4 and your GMX mailbox.

The one i used years ago offers a free plan with 1000 e-mails per month and it was working fine.

I'll send you a pm with the link because i'm not sure if the moderators would see the link as advertising.

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / SendNotification
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / SendNotification
  • www.mql5.com
Common Functions / SendNotification - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

yes, i was hoping for something that would trigger a simple text as an alert to cellphone.  I could try mobile notifications setting as it probably delivers similar if not same thing.

gaafar

i met same proplem when trying to fill data about Email,there was a Q  asking about smtp server adress ?  No way i could find this so couldnt fill needed data.

Daniel Stein:

In this case it's easier to use the mobile notifications inside the MT4 mobile app.

If you like to get e-mails you can use a free SMTP service as bridge between MT4 and your GMX mailbox.

The one i used years ago offers a free plan with 1000 e-mails per month and it was working fine.

I'll send you a pm with the link because i'm not sure if the moderators would see the link as advertising.

No need for a bridge Daniel. GMX mailbox is working fine with MT4.
Reason: