Download MetaTrader 5

VPS + Local Trading

To add comments, please log in or register
Why to sell products in MetaTrader AppStore? Find that out from the article!
john_nicohlus
john_nicohlus 2016.06.06 20:13 

Hi, can I still execute manual trades on my local trading platform even if I am using the Virtual Hosting Service?

Can I also modify / delete the active trades executed by my EAs running on the virtual platform?

TIA 

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev 2016.06.06 21:11  
I used Virtual Hosting Service to trade by the EA (Brainwashing) on MT4 so I did not close/open the trades manually ... so ...
But I think - it is possible because we are trading on trading account (demo or real), and we may have MT4 with same account to open the trades for example.
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden 2016.06.06 22:12  

It is not recommended because it widens the gap for errors / human mistakes.

For example when you close an order manually your robot will simply immediately reopen it if the entry formula is still valid.

So, you have to code the system specifically to work in unison between manual and robot mode.

This can be done by flag setting but it basically defies the purpose of running a VPS in the first place.

It means you will have to let your robot know that you want to take over, in order to avoid conflicts.

john_nicohlus
john_nicohlus 2016.06.06 22:20  
Marco vd Heijden:

It is not recommended because it widens the gap for errors / human mistakes.

For example when you close an order manually your robot will simply immediately reopen it if the entry formula is still valid.

So, you have to code the system specifically to work in unison between manual and robot mode.

This can be done by flag setting but it basically defies the purpose of running a VPS in the first place.

It means you will have to let your robot know that you want to take over, in order to avoid conflicts.

Thanks. I know what you mean, but my robot is coded to avoid such conflicts.
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden 2016.06.06 23:01  
john_nicohlus:
Thanks. I know what you mean, but my robot is coded to avoid such conflicts.
Well it must be a real work of art then, and if that is so, i do not understand why you asked the question.
john_nicohlus
john_nicohlus 2016.06.06 23:12  
Marco vd Heijden:
Well it must be a real work of art then, and if that is so, i do not understand why you asked the question.
I asked if what I want to do is possible, not if recommended.
DanielMayer19
DanielMayer19 2016.06.06 23:17  
Do you know any company which offers VPS in a law prices? Like what is the lowest price that I can get VPS?
john_nicohlus
john_nicohlus 2016.06.06 23:33  
DanielMayer19:
Do you know any company which offers VPS in a law prices? Like what is the lowest price that I can get VPS?
Hi, we're actually talking about MQL5's VPS service here. If you want, you can check it out.
Osama Shaban
Osama Shaban 2016.06.07 01:21  

The answer for your questions ...

YES, sure ... You can work on your local MT4 while same account with/without EA(s) is working on VPS as long as the EA allow for that.

I do it frequently on my EAs with no problems. 

To add comments, please log in or register