How to set a position with multiple level of price for TP/SL?

Hi,

In MT4, we could apply a trading strategy with multiple level of price for Take profit and Stop loss, by using multiple orders for the same currency, like:

order #1, buy EURUSD, price=1.3000,  SL=1.2980, TP=1.3050

order #2, buy EURUSD, price=1.3010, SL=1.2990, TP=1.3060

After migrating to MT5, I cannot find a way to implement the same logic, since MT5 consolidate all deals into a single position. I only can set one SL/TL price for deals. This sounds like I am losing an advanced trading features from MT4, which is very useful to have diversified exit price.  I use that for multiple level of trailing stop and trailing target, which I found is very useful!

Anyone could suggest a solution for MT5 in the case?  

Thanks and Best Regards,

Yoda 

Hi,

You could just shift your SL/TP levels according to the current market price but this would require that the EA is always on. I can not come with another solution.

I'd like some clarification on this as well. My strategy requires this functionality.

You can't in MT5, see position netting in MT5 https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/384#trading
MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine!
MetaTrader 5 - More Than You Can Imagine!
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 client terminal has been developed from scratch and far surpasses its predecessor, of course. The new trading platform provides unlimited opportunities for trading in any financial market. Moreover, its functionality keeps expanding to offer even more useful features and convenience. So, it is now quite difficult to list all the numerous advantages of MetaTrader 5. We have tried to briefly describe them in one article, and we got surprised with the result' the article is far from brief!

MQL5 can do partial close at multiple TP and SL 

make an EA to close part of your positions, instead of SL/TP

Although not exactly the same as you would get using MT4 order execution system and multiple level of price, a way to emulate this behavior in MT5 is use pending orders grid.

With pending orders in MT5 you get different stoploss and takeprofit levels, since you can manage to set any buy or sell  limit/stop price position.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: