Profiles

Hello

I am trying to save a profile in MT5.

I have gone through the procedure and it is saved and can be seen on the platform under "file" - "profiles"

But when I go into "my computer" - "programs" etc it cant be seen in the "profiles" - " charts" folder.

I want to uninstll MT5 and save all my charts etc then reinstall the profile to a new MT5. 

I have windows 7 64 bit.

It is hanging and getting slow slow so I want to reinstall it.

Simon. 

simon.harrison:

Hello

I am trying to save a profile in MT5.

I have gone through the procedure and it is saved and can be seen on the platform under "file" - "profiles"

But when I go into "my computer" - "programs" etc it cant be seen in the "profiles" - " charts" folder.

I want to uninstll MT5 and save all my charts etc then reinstall the profile to a new MT5. 

I have windows 7 64 bit.

It is hanging and getting slow slow so I want to reinstall it.

Simon. 

I think your profiles located at  C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\< some id like 8010CC96AFE933D7F2639264076A40AF >\profiles

Thanks for that.

I found those files and saved them then downloaded a new MT5.

I put in my log in and password etc - all ok. 

Then I copied the profile as well as my templates over to the new MT5.

I put the profile in - Profiles - charts

I put the template in - Profiles - templates 

But they cant be seen in the actual MT5 program. 

I closed and re opened the program. I also shut down the whole computer and restarted - still cant be seen. 

Simon 

simon.harrison:

Thanks for that.

I found those files and saved them then downloaded a new MT5.

I put in my log in and password etc - all ok. 

Then I copied the profile as well as my templates over to the new MT5.

I put the profile in - Profiles - charts

I put the template in - Profiles - templates 

But they cant be seen in the actual MT5 program. 

I closed and re opened the program. I also shut down the whole computer and restarted - still cant be seen. 

Simon 

If you put them back in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\< some id like 8010CC96AFE933D7F2639264076A40AF >\profiles and it still doesn't work, then I don't understand :(.

Let me check again later. 

Thanks. I got that worked out and stalled the profiles and templates.

But it still has a smilar problem in the new platform.

It hangs when I close it and says " not responding" for a while then eventualy shuts down. 

simon.harrison:

Thanks. I got that worked out and stalled the profiles and templates.

But it still has a smilar problem in the new platform.

It hangs when I close it and says " not responding" for a while then eventualy shuts down. 

I think you have some indicator or EA with heavy calculation - that's why MT5 took time to close itself. You can create new profile for MT with no chart and no window, and then load it when you want to close MT -  however I think it will take some time too :(. Or add some code to all indicator and EA to make them stop running, like using Global Variable at the beginning of OnTick() 

if (GlobalVariableGet("STOP") |= 0) return (0);

When the next tick come, the calculation won't be executed, and hopefully MT can close quickly - however this doesn't works on holiday where there's no tick :(

Reason: