What are the Advantages of mt5

What are some advantages mt5 platform have over mt4 trading platform?

To me i think  hedging is disabled in mt5. why?

Is it true that hedging is disabled in mt5.

If so,why?

I have same question. It's quoted from an article that I want to be clarified by metaquotes.

Metatrader is ONLY a platform – not a governing body. A platform that a broker can adapt to the rules controlled by its regulatory body. Meaning, the broker should have the choice whether to disable hedging, so if they’re an NFA controlled broker then naturally they’ll (have to) disable hedging, but if they’re a non-NFA controlled broker, (i.e. outside of the US!), then why would they even use MT5, if by default it doesn’t support hedging?

I like it.

I like MT4 too... and hated MT5 at first.

Got over it though. It's just another language... and it's not really all that different from MT4.

And I prefer the available timeframes in MT5.

In multi timeframe EA's... it seems more symmetric to me.

gbemitte:

What are some advantages mt5 platform have over mt4 trading platform?

To me i think  hedging is disabled in mt5. why?

Advantages of MT5 over MT4, hundreds. Everything is explained in the link provided by MetaQuotes. But it's also valuable the user's experience: I believe that the main advantage is the power to combine MT5 with the services from the MQL community, OOP and the possibility to test multicurrency EAs. Just to mention a few, there're many more.

Why is hedging not allowed by NFA in US? Unclear: http://www.nfa.futures.org/news/newsNotice.asp?ArticleID=2273.
Why is hedging not allowed by MT5? There's no official answer but it's good to be NFA compliant.
I understand the benefits of hedging in MT4 but personally i think it does not differ much from reverting position direction in MT5. Both approaches have their advantages if used well but i personally prefer the model from MT5 to address this.

Effective Date of NFA Requirements Regarding Forex Orders
Effective Date of NFA Requirements Regarding Forex Orders
  • www.nfa.futures.org
Notice I-09-10April 13, 2009Effective Date of NFA Requirements Regarding Forex OrdersNFA has received notice that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission has approved new NFA Compliance Rule 2-43 regarding forex orders. The prohibition on carrying offsetting transactions will be effective for any positions established after May 15, 2009. The...

TripleHeinz:

Advantages of MT5 over MT4, hundreds. Everything is explained in the link provided by MetaQuotes. But it's also valuable the user's experience: I believe that the main advantage is the power to combine MT5 with the services from the MQL community, OOP and the possibility to test multicurrency EAs. Just to mention a few, there're many more.

Why is hedging not allowed by NFA in US? Unclear: http://www.nfa.futures.org/news/newsNotice.asp?ArticleID=2273.
Why is hedging not allowed by MT5? There's no official answer but it's good to be NFA compliant.
I understand the benefits of hedging in MT4 but personally i think it does not differ much from reverting position direction in MT5. Both approaches have their advantages if used well but i personally prefer the model from MT5 to address this.

Are you saying that hedging was not allowed in mt5 in order to satisfy NFA? Why?

Please, mql5 official should answer us.

Why is hedging not allowed in mt5?

Please, mql5 official should answer us.

This has been discussed many times. Such system of management of positions complies with many markets/exchanges. MetaTrader 5 is a multi-market platform.

Thanks for your replies. Good!

so, that means mt5 is simply build to satisfy all rules and regulations of governments and non governments body/ to satisfy all various regulating body at all firm.
Reason: