Leaning to Code MQL5 EA

Hi,

I would like to learn how to make an EA all by myself. Unfortunately I have very little coding knowledge or experience. But i am a good learner. In your opinion, do you think it is possible for someone to learn this? 

Why do i want to learn when i can get something made by a professional developer? If I know how to code these programs i will know what is possible and that opens up a whole world of things i could get developed. 

Can anyone please advise how i should start out? And if it is even possible? I am 37 years of age... does that make a difference.

Thanks

Shakir 

Hi Shakir

Is it possible for someone to learn how to code MQL from scratch? Totally!

Your reason for learning: perfecto! That is the best reason and will give you the drive to see it through

Does age matter? Not at all! It has more to do with how you think. With any type of programming, some people "get it", others don't. It's an intangible that is hard to describe, but the only way you will know if you've "got it" is to try :)

Your best bet, if you want to go for MQ5, is to start at the documentation. Post any questions you have here and there are a bunch of people only too happy to help those who help themselves.

Cheers
Stu

Stuart Browne:

Hi Shakir

Is it possible for someone to learn how to code MQL from scratch? Totally!

Your reason for learning: perfecto! That is the best reason and will give you the drive to see it through

Does age matter? Not at all! It has more to do with how you think. With any type of programming, some people "get it", others don't. It's an intangible that is hard to describe, but the only way you will know if you've "got it" is to try :)

Your best bet, if you want to go for MQ5, is to start at the documentation. Post any questions you have here and there are a bunch of people only too happy to help those who help themselves.

Cheers
Stu

Thank you! Your support means a lot to me. 

Best Regards

Shakir 

Reason: