Multiple Positions

Forgive me if this question has been asked or answered already. I have read the manual provided by this site but, I need a little more explanation. I thought with automated trading there are no restrictions to how much trades you have. For example... is it possible to have my EA open about 10 - 15 potential positions on any given currencies ? This is very important question for me, as I tested it and it kept giving me errors. I'm very very new to the mql5 language so, please refrain from low level language. 

Thanks,

samthewildone 

samthewildone:

Forgive me if this question has been asked or answered already. I have read the manual provided by this site but, I need a little more explanation. I thought with automated trading there are no restrictions to how much trades you have. For example... is it possible to have my EA open about 10 - 15 potential positions on any given currencies ? This is very important question for me, as I tested it and it kept giving me errors. I'm very very new to the mql5 language so, please refrain from low level language. 

Thanks,

samthewildone 

What do you mean by  "10 - 15 potential positions on any given currencies"?

One position on each of 10-15 currencies

or

10-15 "separate" positions on a particular currency?

Enigma71fx:

What do you mean by  "10 - 15 potential positions on any given currencies"?

One position on each of 10-15 currencies

or

10-15 "separate" positions on a particular currency?

What I meant is HFT. Trading multiple symbols, I mean if this is supposed to be an automated trading language then this is one of the main features of automated trading. I'm not @ the level yet of that type of programming and probably won't be for a next few years but, I would like to know if mql5 can execute more than just one position. 

samthewildone:
What I meant is HFT. Trading multiple symbols, I mean if this is supposed to be an automated trading language then this is one of the main features of automated trading. I'm not @ the level yet of that type of programming and probably won't be for a next few years but, I would like to know if mql5 can execute more than just one position. 

mql5 can execute more than just one position on different currency. but there will always be only one position on one currency~

Position is the composed of deals. 

luenbo:

mql5 can execute more than just one position on different currency. but there will always be only one position on one currency~

Position is the composed of deals. 

thanks !